We all love tips to make our life just a little bit more manageable. As your Dallas Household Tips Examiner I search for tips for myself and pass them along to my readers.
Get ready for that big game this weekend! Try these easy and tasty, slow cooker, meatballs.
What you will need:
- 2 slices white bread, torn into pieces
- 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 2/ large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- 1 (18 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- In a small bowl combine bread crumbs and milk. In a saute pan, over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter. Add onions; cook until onions are soft. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl combine bread mixture, ground beef, ground pork, egg yolks, salt pepper and onions. Mix 1 to 2 minutes; shape into 1 1/2 inch round balls.
- Heat remaining butter in saute pan over medium low heat. Add meatballs and saute 7 to 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove all but 3 tablespoons of drippings from pan. Place meatballs, sauces and ketchup in a slow cooker; cook on low 3 to 4 hours stirring occasionally.
Cindi is also the Dallas Small Farms Examiner. Categories include sheep, goats, rabbits, cattle, pigs, chickens, news, history, showing, agriculture, misc farm, weather, dogs, college, fire, and Guardians.