There is nothing more comforting than a steaming cup of hot chocolate in your hand as you sit, curled up in the winter. But those packets, while easy, are mediocre at best. Once you've tried this amazing hot cocoa recipe, you'll never look back. It doesn't take long, and it will rock your world!
Kitchen Tools You'll Need:
- Small saucepan
- Kettle or pot for heating up water
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Spoon for stirring
Ingredients You'll Need:
- 1 T. + 1 tsp. of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 T. white sugar
- tiniest pinch of salt
- 1 T. + 1 tsp. of boiling water, plus more for filling the mug
- just over 3/4 c. milk
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat water in kettle or pot until boiling.
- Combine cocoa powder, sugar, and salt in the small saucepan. Add the measured amount of boiling water and stir until combined. Turn heat on to at least medium and let mix boil for around a minute at most. Stir frequently so that it doesn't scorch.
- Add the milk and continue stirring. Heat mixture until quite hot, but do not let boil.
- Once mix reaches desired heat level, remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into mug and fill with more hot water. Hot chocolate will be rich and creamy! Enjoy!