Tis the season for cookies but sometimes a girl just needs a muffin. Check out this easy, yummy, and super healthy blueberry muffin recipe. With no added sugar (the only sugar is from fruit) and whole wheat flour this is a treat you can feel good and look good with this recipe.
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease 18 muffin cups, or line with paper muffin liners.
- Mix together mashed bananas, egg, water, and oil in a large bowl. Mix in flour, baking soda, and baking powder until mostly smooth (you will still see lumps from the banana, but that's okay!). Gently fold the blueberries into the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden and the tops spring back when lightly pressed, about 15 minutes. Remove muffins from tins, and cool on a wire rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories: 124 | Total Fat: 6.6g | Cholesterol: 12mg
Subscribe to Loren Hallett’s column by clicking on the “subscribe” button at the top.
Questions? Want to see a certain topic addressed? Add a comment here or email me with "Examiner" in the subject line at: email@example.com
Copyright ©2009 by Loren Hallett. All rights reserved