I usually post recipes here, often original recipes developed by myself. In this case this is a different kind of recipe.
After stuffing myself with what were arguably the best burgers I have ever had (my friend and I ordered two very different ones to split) I was ready to hear how Mr. Ryan took such a common item as a hamburger and elevated it to this fabulous culinary delight!
Tom took a group of us to the back of the restaurant and showed us exactly how to make a fresh Smashburger, from the shaping of the meatball to the smashing!
Recipe for an Incredible Burger
- Start with FRESH, never frozen 100% Angus beef.
- Hand shape the beef into meatballs, not flat patties.
- With a tool aptly named the smashing tool, smash the meatball on a buttered grill, thus caramelizing the meat, sealing in the juices.
- Serve that juicy burger on a buttered, toasted bun.
- Top with fresh and innovative toppings, from a fried egg to a spicy chipotle mayonnaise.
If a beef burger is not your first choice, there are also chicken sandwiches, vegetarian burgers or salads to choose from.
Be sure to visit your local Smashburger and try these amazingly fresh and tasty burgers. And don't forget the fries!