Want to stun your significant other with a decadent treat to that looks amazing and tastes like it took a ton of effort? Want to present a lovely dish for dessert at a dinner party that will make guests believe you slaved in the kitchen all day?
Look no further than this flourless chocolate truffle. It's rich, it's creamy, it melts in your mouth. You'll love it, and the special people in your life will, too. And it's easy, too!
- 7 eggs
- 1 cup of whipping cream
- 2 1/2 cups of dark chocolate chips
- 1 stick of butter, plus a tad extra
- 2 tablespoons of bourbon vanilla extract
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. finely ground sea salt
- stand mixer
- 9-inch springform pan
- measuring cups and spoons
- aluminum foil
- non-stick saucepan
- parchment paper
- Cut a piece of parchment paper slightly larger than the springform pan. Draw a circle on the parchment around the bottom piece of the pan, just smaller than it. Cut it out (cutting out the pencil marks), spray the piece of the pan, and place the cut parchment so it sticks to the inside of the pan.
- Tear two pieces of aluminum foil (larger than the pan) and wrap them securely around the bottom to avoid any leakage. Use a small bit of butter to lightly grease the sides of the pan.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In the saucepan, heat the cream on low heat until fairly hot. Slowly add chocolate chips and butter in pieces, alternating. Whisk until well combined and glossy.
- Remove the chocolate mixture from heat.
- In the stand mixer, beat the 7 eggs, brown sugar, and salt until foamy, around 3-4 minutes.
- Temper in (add in slowly) a small amount of the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
- Slowly add in the chocolate mixture to the eggs, mixing well until combined.
- Pour the entire mix into the prepared pan.
- Cook for one hour. Top will have cracked--that is okay! Although the truffle may still seem a bit loose, that is okay.
- Let sit (still in the pan) until thoroughly cooled.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight, covered.
- Before serving, use a butter knife or thin spatula to lightly loosen the sides of the pan in a few areas, then remove. Feel free to dust with chocolate shavings!
- Let the truffle sit for a few minutes before serving to get to the best temperature. Enjoy!