Cook Street is the culinary school for everyone with lots of great recreational classes for home cooks - techniques like pie baking, grilling, French cooking and also culinary date nights and wine classes. Cook Street's July class schedule looks better than ever! Here is a listing of all the great upcoming classes:
- A World of Taste: Moracco — July 1st
- Culinary Date Night — July 3rd, 11th, 25th
- Classic Techniques: Essentials — July 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
- A World of Taste: India — July 8th
- Food and Wine Series: Provence — July 9th
- Pasta, Pasta, Pasta — July 10th
- Grilling: BBQ Classics — July 12th
- Grilling Backyard Basics — July 17th
- Steak and Spirits — July 18th
- Mushroom Foraging — July 19th
- The Art of Entertaining: Brunch — July 19th
- Seafood 101 — July 22nd
- Classic Techniques: French — July 23rd, 30th
- Mexican Street Food — July 24th
- Al Fresco Dining — July 26th
- Knife Skills — July 29th
- Italian Classics — July 31st
Check online for details and the menu for each class.
Al Fresco Dining on 7/26 will include House-made Baguettes and Flatbread, Duck Liver Mousse, Seasonal Fruit Chutney, House-made Mozzarella, Goat Cheese, grape and pistachio truffles, Herb-roasted Nuts and Olives.
Try making these Goat Cheese, Grape and Pistachio Truffles and compare them to your classmates' truffles.
Goat Cheese, Grape and Pistachio Truffles Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds pistachio nuts, shelled, chopped rough (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 24 seedless red grapes, stems removed and wiped clean
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spread pistachio nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and toast in the oven for 7 to 9 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. In a blender or food processor, process the toasted pistachio nuts until finely chopped; set aside.
Put one 1/2 tablespoon of the goat cheese in the palm of one hand and in it place a grape, shaping the mixture around the grape to coat. Repeat process with remaining grapes. Refrigerate on a sheet pan for 15 minutes.
Remove chilled cheese-coated grape balls from the refrigerator and roll them in the prepared pistachio nut mixture to cover completely and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes or until coating is firm.
Refrigerate until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature 15 minutes before serving.
Register for classes online or by calling 303-308-9300.