On Thursday the 14th of February in 2013, DoubleTree by Hilton in Baltimore hosted an exclusive celebration for Valentine’s Day at their in-house restaurant called Alizée. Did you know? This Hilton property called The Inn at the Colonnade is located in the middle of a four-way connection to the Hampden, Guilford, Waverly and Charles Village communities of Baltimore. Who knew one three story Inn could house such an intimate restaurant? Alizée is a one-stop shop for everything convenient in a cozy intimate setting for preferred fine dining.
The Valentine’s celebration at DoubleTree took place from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. serving a three course meal with complimentary champagne and keepsake roses. The price was $120 per couple whereas, tax and gratuity was not included. The dinner was a pre-fixed menu with specification below:
- Lobster Bisque – rich and creamy topped with lobster meat.
- Wedge Salad – served with bleu cheese and bacon crumbles.
- Bistro Caesar – hearts of romaine lightly tossed with our house made dressing.
- Traditional MD Crab Cake Platter – two jumbo lump crab cakes served with remoulade sauce.
- Chilean Sea Bass – pan seared with white wine butter sauce.
- Veal Porterhouse – very lean and cooked to preference.
- Pan Seared Sea Scallops – 5 jumbo diver scallops served atop sautéed spinach with cous cous finished with citrus buerre blanc sauce.
- Surf and Turf – filet mignon and sweet lobster tail.
- Strawberry heart shaped tart
- Raspberry cheese cake
- Chocolate mousse cake
- Berry trio bowl
My evening at Alizée started at 7:30 p.m. that night with champagne and a rose brought to my table within ten minutes of arrival. The waiter brought water with lemon and a wine list next. Their wine selections vary in cost roughly anywhere between $30 to $300 a bottle. Menu selections were made; my date and I picked the salads for first course. I must tell you that fresh seared seafood was simmering from every corner of the restaurant that evening. The establishment was at full-house capacity with lovely couples dressed in red and black from head to toe.
I choose the 'surf and turf' and my date for the evening choose the crab cake platter and we decided to share plates. Let me tell you the steak was so tender you could cut it with a butter knife. The crab cakes had just enough add-in condiments to truly enjoy the fresh crab meat. As for the lobster, sea fresh and juicy describes its taste. The coolest part of it all was the dessert which was exquisite. I am normally considered a chocolate chic however, I opted for the strawberry heart shaped tart because it was Valentine’s Day and I enjoy strawberries. The tart did deliver quite yummy; so fresh the strawberries tasted handpicked and the whipped topping was homemade fresh. Overall, the dining experience took about two hours which was really appreciated because Valentine’s Day is one of those days where enjoying every moment is key besides, every meal course was delivered in a timely manner.
Oh, did I mention the Valentine’s Dinner at Alizée was also an optional choice for consumers who were not taking advantage of the staycation; DoubleTree is offering this weekend. I did choose to experience the Fall In Love package at the Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore which included overnight accommodations and it was cozy and convenient. Just an insider tip if you should stay at The Inn at the Colonnade Baltimore the balcony rooms are the best.
You should know? The DoubleTree romantic staycations’ are not just offered during Valentine’s season they are a part of their normal customer deals. Please see below information concerning several local package deals available for DoubleTree properties in your area:
- Treat your sweetie to something special at the Inn at The Colonnade Baltimore; a DoubleTree by Hilton hotel. Enjoy an indulgent 3-course pre-fixed menu for 2 at Alizée American Bistro, two glasses of house champagne, a red rose, self-parking and an overnight room to escape to. Or include in your booking an hour-long couples massage at the Miracle Wellness Center.
- Book a romantic retreat to theWit Chicago; a DoubleTree by Hilton and make your partner melt with theWit Signature 50 minute massage package.
- Go enjoy a romantic three-course dinner selection for two at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC. Make it extra special with The Bubbly Package, which includes champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries delivered to room after check-in.
- Plan an unforgettable day with DoubleTree by Hilton Atlanta; Buckhead. Arrive to champagne and fresh chocolate-covered strawberries and enjoy their breakfast buffet in the morning.