On Tuesday the 22th of October in 2013, Carrabba's in Pasadena hosted an exclusive celebration for the ‘First Tastes’ of their new fire finished menu specials. It was the biggest Italian feast of this Fall and that’s bel niente. Who knew one establishment could hold so much sausage and seafood in one building. Carrabba’s Italian Grill is a one stop shop for everything Italian food from Antipasta, Pasta, Carne and Dolci. You should know their signature meals for Fall include fire finished cooking techniques providing a golden, crispy and bubbling tastiness which is kissed by their fire stove starting at ONLY $13. Their restaurant motto is “There is no love more sincere than the love of food.”
The ‘First Tastes’ celebration took place from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. serving a pre-fixed menu to include dessert and a cocktail. Did you know? This was a complimentary food tasting free to Amici Club Members. The seafood and sausage was flowing from every corner of the building. Check out the menu as listed below:
- Fire Roasted Mushrooms: Mushrooms stuffed with sausage, red bell peppers, fennel, sautéed onion, brioche breadcrumbs, artichoke hearts and Romano cheese. This is a tasty appetizer with zesty sausage.
- Bistecca Ardente: USDA Center –cut sirloin wood-grilled, topped with imported blue cheese, roasted tomatoes and fresh basil. This delicious sample of carne was cooked tender yet well done.
- Rigatoni Al Forno: Rigatoni pasta tossed with their housemade marinara sauce, Romano and mozzarella cheese, topped with Italian fennel sausage, mozzarella and fresh milk ricotta cheese then finished in their wood burning oven until bubbly hot. This dish was cheerfully cheesy and the Italian fennel sausage will leave you in awe. The food moderator for the event stated that this dish was originally prepared with goat cheese but, guests did not catch on. So, they switched mozzarella in the dish.
- Cedar Plank-Fired Salmon: pan-seared salmon topped with jumbo lump crabmeat and fire roasted on a cedar plank. This was the best dish of the evening which left many guests requesting more. The salmon was perfectly cooked and so fresh and the crab meat ‘children please talk about bel niente.’
- Nonna Test’s Baked Pasta: Penna pasta with wood-drilled chicken, housemade pesto cream made with fresh basil, pine nuts and walnut, spinach and zucchini, topped with mozzarella and baked until golden brown in their wood-burning oven. This dish is very yummy and cheesy however, I did not taste any pine nut or walnut. The chicken in this dish comes in generous portions a very delicious dish.
- Crème Brûlée: rich custard prepared with Madagascar vanilla bean and topped with torched sugar, whipped cream and strawberries. This dessert was so delightful and tasty through every spoon full. The vanilla bean was so rich and distinctive.
- Campfire Delight: an alcoholic drink with combination of Van Gogh Dutch Chocolate Vodka, RumChata in a chocolate sauce and crumbled graham crackers rimmed glass and mini marshmallow cream cookie called Mallomar garnished on a straw. This drink was full of rum and perfect for a chill Fall night. This drink is so chocolaty talk about a dessert and spirit all- in-one.
Did you know? In January 1995, Outback Steakhouse Incorporation acquired the rights to develop the Carrabba's chain nationwide.
Yep, Carrabba's Italian Grill is an upscale restaurant that offers exquisite and distinctive Italian food dishes. The location is Pasdena, Maryland offers a very intimate seating perfect for personal or group wine tastings in their main dining room. The bar area offers individual or group island bar seating, intimate duo or group tables for window seating and the bar stool seating at the bar is very spacious. There are multiple flat screen televisions in the bar area yet, you don’t get that traditional sports bar feel; instead you get an intimate laid back environment.
What can I tell you? My first impression of Carrabba's ‘First Tastes’ new fire finished menu specials is simple; the Cedar Plank-Fired Salmon is a must taste and any dish with sausage will satisfy you as well especially, if you love Italian sausage as much as I do. Besides, trust me when I restate what many have said before, “There is no love more sincere than the love of food.”
For more information on Carrabba's Italian Grill new Fall menu selections click here.