The Why are you Beyond the Pink? awareness project includes:
- a series of compelling short videos from people of all ages and backgrounds sharing why they are going Beyond the Pink: From Awareness to Prevention (also presented in the video)
- a link for others to submit their reasons for going Beyond the Pink
- a link for others to make a personal pledge to go Beyond the Pink
Breast Cancer Fund is at the forefront of leading the way to eradicating breast cancer before it starts by bringing awareness to breast cancer environmental risk factors that can affect generations - from pregnant women to newborns to young children to teens to young adults to mature adults. They are influencing important changes in everyday lifestyles, public policy and legislative reform.
The author’s articles recommended below support this article:
- Stop breast cancer: Clear Science of environmental risk factors - highlights Breast Cancer Fund's extensive work in helping people to see the link between breast cancer and the environment.
- Still time to attend a forum: Breast Cancer Prevention: New Evidence New Agenda - announced the release of the report of ‘a federal advisory committee chaired by Breast Cancer Fund President Jeanne Rizzo’ which concluded ‘that preventing exposure to environmental risk factors is the most promising path to breast cancer prevention.’ (Quotes from Breast Cancer Fund website under Prioritizing Prevention)
- Environmental risk factors and military service members with breast cancer - highlights the link between military service members' everyday environment and breast cancer