The La Leche League has been providing breastfeeding support to women for over fifty years, and they continue to offer great resources to help mothers and their children. One great resource LLL offers is their magazine, Breastfeeding Today.
Current paid members of LLL receive a print copy of Breastfeeding Today in the mail, but anybody can read past issues online completely free.
The Summer 2013 issue contains articles such as:
- Diabetes and Breastfeeding
- Is My Newborn Baby Getting Enough Milk?
- Food Sensitivities and Allergies
- A Look at What's Happening at LLL Around the World
- Fighting Breast Cancer
- A Dad's View
- Mom to Mom (Please Behave!)
- Finding Your Own Way
Past issues include topics such as:
- Breastfeeding and Dental Caries
- Traveling With Your Breastfed Baby
- Baby Blues
- Breastfeeding with Hypoplasia
- Breastfeeding in Asia
- A Biting Baby
- The Magic Hold
- Breastfeeding Your Adopted Baby
- Plus many others.
This is a great resource for support, information and community for breastfeeding mothers everywhere.
To find your local LLL group, visit La Leche League International.
Want to stay in the loop? Be sure to subscribe to my column to be updated when I post articles. You can also find me on Pinterest and on examiner.com on the topics of homeschooling, green living and my other attachment parenting column.