1. News
  2. Crime & Courts

Read angry letter written by Yolanda Saldivar regarding Selena, media, and fans

Read angry letter written by Yolanda Saldivar regarding Selena, the media, and singer's fans

As many honor the memory of Selena Quintanilla-Perez, 23, the Tejano superstar who was gunned down 15-years-ago today in a Corpus Christi, Tex. motel room, The Monitor recalls an angry letter it received from her killer, Yolanda Saldivar a decade ago.

Although Saldivar did not respond to a recent request for an interview with the publication, she did 10-years-ago—refusing the interview and displaying her disdain for the media and hinting that she has more information about the day Selena died. She also claims Selena's fans "...never loved her..." and "...avoided what she [Selena] most admired and cared for..."

Saldivar was the founder of the singer’s fan club and had begun running Selena’s new clothing company. Selena’s family suspected she had mishandled both fan club and business funds. Thus, she and Selena had met at a Days Inn motel to discuss the family’s suspicions.

To see photos of Selena, click here.

As a result, Selena was shot in the back and died from the wound. Saldivar claimed to have shot the singer accidentally. She was convicted of murdering Selena and will be eligible for parole in 2025.

Read the letter sent to The Monitor by Saldivar from prison in 2000 below:

Dear Reporter,

Received your “late arrival unwelcomed” letter.

You people don’t seemed to recognize the “hunger” you exhibit when asking for any interview. You have had many opportunities to make your own views, why do you want mine?

You, your editors and your frivolous profession can reconstruct any exploitation of me or anyone else but let it be known that it is to my satisfaction that you will never obtain the whole truth. It’s obvious that the strife that drives your desires to dissimulate tragedies as a profit only shows how impound your profession really is. I stress to you to go to the source of the manipulations that constructed a false story to you as a means to gain support and empathy from the public. The public supports me as evident of the fan mail I receive by the bundles. What is there for you to embarrass me about? NONE. You’ve done damage enough, now live with it. Your well wishes to my family are not sincere, all too evident by your persistence in obtaining an interview.

My present life is none of your business. My chance to speak with the public will come when reporters like yourself are eliminated and her fans never loved her, for it is viewed that prior to her death, her fans avoided what she most admired and cared for and that is now being enjoyed and abused by her…..well….what shall I say….perpetrators!

One credit I do give you – Yes. She died five years ago, a true fact. BUT, if you would have done your lay work appropriately, you would have a tremendous story that would not only increase your ratings but a true exploration of the truth. Shortly, you will see what I am talking about. If you are interested, study the evidence, the clue to a breaking story.

Don’t wish me well. I am well, very well in fact, and soon will find justice that will rise me above the monster you all created me. A small favor, don’t address me as “Yolanda” but Ms. Saldivar. I’m not your friend.

About the book you mention that you heard I wrote, I advise you to keep asking and wondering, you’ll find the answer. Thank you very much for making me feel privileged that you spent $11.75 to mail a simple letter when a 33 cent stamp would have done.

P.S. Don’t respond back. I’ve put you and your frivolous company on my negative mailing list. And “NO” you didn’t offend me. I’ve told you the truth.

To watch breaking news and events streamed live over the Net, click here.

For U.S. headlines, click here.

Comments

• miguel 4 years ago

hi Yolanda i don't know how can you killed Selena that was not good but i do know the Selena up from above is watching you and telling you the she's always looking at you telling you " Yolanda dear Yolanda i know i'm dead but still im always after you it's okay i'm not going to bother you ill just always look at you " that's a message from Selena Yolanda and i hope you be nice to her because she was a good friend for you and you should have never shot her you should have shot your selve

sincerely Miguel and Selena

Well then yolanda that was really mean what u have don't just because of you there is no more salena and I hope u get what u need in jail and maybe jut maybe if u wouldn't had killed. Salens maybe she would still be famus and maybe u could have talked it out with her and she. Would forgive u but no u just u just wanted to killed and gess what she was not ur best friend. And now everybody is going to hate u for what u have done

• baby1552 4 years ago

hey Yolanda why did u do it i was not born yet but i was in 1996 ofter Selena died but i grow up listing to her music and she was very GOOD!!!!and let me tell u something BITCH if you ever get out and where ever you go your going to die so why will you get out your just going to die so i hop you die in jail or out of jail and p.s. Selena didn't do nothing to you BITCH so i hop that you will get what you deserve

• nichole 3 years ago

how dare you kill selena i mean yea it was years and years ago but still what did she ever do to you. she will taunt u for ever and she is saying " i had my whole life to live i Have never hurt you. why yolanda why" and i bet you regret it.

• anisty 3 years ago

you are so right she shoud'nt have and i hate her for that Sincerely Anisty

• misslatina 3 years ago

EVERYONE IS RIGHT WHY YOLANDA YOU WANT TO GET OUT OF JAIL... do you know that the American people still HATE you!! lolol instead you serving time they should had kill you... it not right that you get to live and selena didn't... old bitch jealous over selena you could never be like her....look how long it been and people still writing on this issue. lmao ya yolanda get out of jail so we can show you how it feel to get shot in the back like selena.. What a joke you're you last a couple hrs out of jail before she get you... Your husband kids she be embarrass by you. I would not want to clam you.. all you did wrong people should hurt your family and see how you like it old bitch. 2025 you be 80 you never make it that far and if you do get out in 2025 @ 80 we still get you... I HOPE YOU DIE IN PRISON and dont say you love selena and she was your friend you lie she was never your best friend why would selena want an old bitch like you to be her best friend she had her mom and she NEVER cheated she wanted to marry her husband.. whatever you say yolanda if that your real name!!! I wish you and your family death headache and never be happy.. and we will call you yolanda you have no more from any of else so we will not call you MS. Saldvair whatever your NEW NAME IS MURDER we will call you whatever we want and yolanda just make sure that you and your families watch they back cause who knows they might get shot remember how you did to selena stupid bitch

• KEONDRA 3 years ago

I HATE YOLANDA
    SHE IS A B****

• goody 2 years ago

u r a wicked bith i was 7 at that time and i felt it so bad i was just watching her movie u wicked bith they should kill instead lock u up fat bitch

• Alpha kenny body 2 years ago

Bitchh ! You fat hoe !
    Hi ms gomez !

• rosa saldana 2 years ago

hey i can understand that yolanda killed selena.

• maria 4 years ago

hey yolanda my name is maria i wanna know whats is going on through your head to kill selena what have you done..i cant believe you that to her she my favorite singer.i dont think you killed her by accident you did it on purpose..selena gave you a message "yolanda im dead now you have done awful things to me i will always be watching you"..that's the message.i know people make mistake but you shouldnt done in the first place that's what you get for killing selena.she said she forgives you. but i hope you know. you should think before you do anything

• KEONDRA 3 years ago

IF YOLANDA WAS A DOG I WOULD PUT HER TO SLEEP

• i know roght 2 years ago

she is coniving

• maria duran 4 years ago

what i saw of what happen to selena your scaring everybody and the whole fans..it was the most shocking i ever i see your murder selena i been watching your video talking about your crime..it is hard to believe that you didnt mean to kill but we understand that you trying to appologize selena she forgives you from your mistakes.but i wanna know what makes you purchase a gun to shot selena?

• maliyah 4 years ago

yalonda if u killed her on accident then why was the gun in your hand in the first place stupid fat bitch why would you kill her and you know we all loved her and she had a husband who was in deep tears. you should be killed yourself and why would you steal her money from the fanclub all she wanted to do was fire you but no you hsd to shoot her. but its ok because when you get out im going to be right there and im going to shoot you right in your head so better pray you dont die

• Reina Ibarra 4 years ago

Where do you people get these "messages" from? And who do you think you are to speak on behalf of Selena!?
    Just enjoy the music and legacy she left behind and let Selena rest in peace!

• robert 4 years ago

hey yolanda you dnt know what you did you should have shot your self and not her i did not get to see her i was not born back then then but ive enjoyed her music since then i hope u burn in HELL selena has sent you this message "dear yolanda i know im dead but im watchin you i am not going to bother you but i hope you think of what u did sincerely 'SELENA'

• Christina Moreno 4 years ago

hey how could you do something that hurt so many people? you say "oh selena was my best friend and it was an accident"but everone knows thats a lie.you were just jealous of her and you wanted all the money for yourself because thats all you ever think about you dont care about other people but yourself.she was a legend and she was the best but guess you wanted all of that but did you get it? no didnt think so. i wonder if you live regreting what you did.and soon you'll pay for that with the devil.

• Robert E 4 years ago

Yolanda, I am writing to you all the way from the San Francisco Bay Area. If I ever make it back to Corpus Christi in time for you release from prison, assuming you make parole, there will be a .38 waiting with two bullets in it for you. I shall shoot in the exact same place you shot Selena. I hope it isn't sudden either. I want to see you cry for help. I want to see you bleed to death. I guarentee that you wouldn't be talking like this if your ass wasn't behind bars. You know well enough to avoid Corpus, San Antonio, Houston... hell, leave Texas immediately following your assumed release. Someone will kill you. Its just a matter of who and when and of course, where. Life WILL NOT be easy for you. You WILL PAY for what you did.

• Profile picture of LGB3
    LGB3 3 years ago

You're a fool for threatening ANYONE most especially someone who has media coverage till no end.
    Yolanda committed the most heinous crimes ever to our beloved Selena- we all know that, Yolanda is getting her Karma nice and sweet each and every day as she serves her time locked up like a ravaged, caged animal. The end.

• adiana 4 years ago

yolanda should b in jail with no chance of getting out!!!!!no vistors no nothing tht fat bitch deserves 2 b in jail 4 ever!!!!!!! i know tht at my age (13) i shouldnt b using tht word but tht fat bitch killed 1 of the best singers ever!!!!!!!! tht bitch should have killed her self in tht car! all SELENA'S fans will never let her get out!!!!!!! she should rot in her cell!!!!! i know i made alot of mistakes some i wish i could take bak but at least i dont shot the 1 i called best friend!!!!!!!!!!!!! yolanda u had no right 2 shot SELENA!! SELENA never did anything 2 u except try 2 help u!!!!!!!!!! bitch u deserve 2 rot in jail!bitch tht's wat u r! seleena was well loved! i hate u and always well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u bitch should never b out ur lucky u dont get mail or u would b getting a lot of hate mail from me!!!!! and ur fans r s.o.b's just like u!!!!!!!!! bitch!!

• Lina 3 years ago

Be glad she wasn't killed in that truck, she will rot in a jail cell for years!

• jpratm 4 years ago

I was 11 when selena passed away at 27 i can say that thru the years i would of assumed that yolanda would accept her wrong doing not only did she murder someone but she hurt a family and took from the entire latino community an icon and a voice- Selena was and will always be in our hearts- as for yolanda who shows no sense of remorse or even the least bit of humanness never will there be a place of interest to actually offer you a second chance as she continues to show her monstrous side. Glad you are well that is your punishment living with the fact your a murderer .

• 2010 4 years ago

Yolander, rot in hell you fat pig.. everyone knows that you are trying to defend yourself by making up every excuse you can by diverting everything to selena. You can go and screw yourself in the cell which i know you do & god help you on the day that you are released from prison you !!! Kama will be waiting for you!!!

• Stephanie 4 years ago

I hope Yolanda rot in hell forever and ever.
    RIP Selena.

• Naomi J 4 years ago

I swear when u get out Yolanda i better not see u because i will kill u and i dont care if i go to jail cuz at least i will tell the truth unlike a bitch i dont know who it is?Oh yeah ur ugly ass Yolanda!And I know u will regret killing her and ur concsious will haunt u forever!So yeaah and i hope u die when ur done reading this..Oh yeah i cant kill u because i follow God's conmandments..And everyong We all know that Selena loves us and is watching over us except for yolanda maybe..

• ladyangel31 4 years ago

if you all remember what selena was like you would know that this is not how selena would want you to be honoring her memory. she was the forgiving type of person...yes i am angry that we lost selena as she was an amazing person and singer and no i am not defending Yolanda that is for sure because what she did was wrong because I miss her and i know so does her entire family as well as Chris but you have to think about how Selena would want you to be and that she was the forgiving type of person, she would not want you all to be making these threats about shooting Yolanda in the back and making her go through what Selena went through in her last minutes or hours of life because that just wasnt her style...just reading all of these comments makes me want to cry because it just disrespects her memory. and i know you wouldnt want to do that to her considering how much you all love her.

• Liyah 4 years ago

Yolanda You Want Make It Out That Jail Alive Now I Wasnt Alive When Selena Died I Was Born A Year Later But I Know That You Killed A Beautiful Talented Innocent Person And Yes You Will Rot In Hell. You Might Wanna Stay In That Jail Cell Because It Wont Be Pretty When You Try To Make Your Exit... And For Ladyangel31 I Feel You I Really Do And I Understand Excatly What You Mean And We Know Selena Was A Very Forgiving Person But Someone Who Does Something Like Dat And Doesnt Even Freaking Care Is Unforgivable Yolanda The World Hates You And Your Better Of In The Hole That You'll Rot In... R.I.P Selena This Makes Me Cry I Cant Even Listen To Her Songs Without Crying... How Could You Do Something Like This?? I Know It Was A Long Time Ago But She Worked So Hard To Get Were She Was At And She Was So Young... Im Really Emotional Right Now And Selena R.I.P You Beautiful Angel I Love You FOREVER...

• Jessica and Alayna 4 years ago

You should of just shot yourself that day you had that gun to our head. Its okay though because the moment you get paroled, (if u ever do that is...) you wont last out in this world very long. Im sure by the time you walk out them gates from PRISON someone WILL be waiting for you...Its gonna suck having to be watching over your shoulder 24/7. All I can say is WATCH yourself, because TRUST me no matter what EVERYONE knows who you are and they are waiting til 2025!!!

• charity 4 years ago

ALL I CAN SAY IS, MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL! :)

• E.P 4 years ago

yolanda why did u kill selena she was a good friend to u and now almost everbody in the world hates u i hope u go to hell.......R.I.P SELENA

• Edwin Anthony 4 years ago

Yolanda ,you did very very wrong you killed someone who most people loved ,I am one of selenas fans ,I loved her music ,and the day she died I didn't went to school I was 17 years old that time ,,so what people is saying is true they are going to be waiting for you when you get out ,I am sure you not going to last very long ,you should shot your self the day you killed her .

• Maria Lopez 4 years ago

You call your self telling the truth but all you allow yourself to speak is lies you must not loose the fact that you have cut young life short so how can you speak as if you know how much sorrow you have brought to our hearts and not how many kid she could have brought into this world and cutting her dreams short

• Erick 4 years ago

Yolanda why did you needed a gun to kill yourself in the 1st place. I know it was a plan to kill our superstar Selena. let me just tell you that you deserve what you have as punishment although it wasn't enough. Not to be in your favor but as a someone i would recommend you to leave Corpus Christi. People still have alot of resentment to what you did to Selena. I agree with them. Just admitted already you killed her. 1st you had a gun to kill her. 2nd you did it in a hotel where there is no survillence inside the motel room. 3rd why did selena called out for help. 4th If you where a nurse why didn't you help her in some way or took her to a hospital. 5th Before Selena died she addressed you as her killer. So u obviously killed her stop lying. Thanks to you we lost a wonderful tejano super star. Selena lives forever n ever.yolanda just stop lying to yourself n the public your nothing but a conniving, backstabbing,thief, and finally a little bitch

i HATE YOU!!!!! saying no fans liked her, well your WRONG! NOBODY loves you!your the WORST fbackstabbing friend anybody would have. stuppid biitchh, She was a great person & you seemed to destroy it alll,she could of have a happy life,!

R.I.P. Selena<33

• jj 3 years ago

Selena, amazing, Yolanda, not

Ms.Saldivar, a.k.a Yolanda IDIOT, why don't you think about it first before you shot her. because just think in 1st place if you don't stole any money from her you would not be putted in that JAIL . and i think Selena doesn't forget you, in fact, wherever she go's you are there . so if you need money, you could ask her. and even her family is accusing you, she has the mind to think giving you another chance . SHAME ON YOU !! LOOK WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

I just wanted to say that selenas fans did love her. if we didnt she wouldn't have became the greatest tejano artist ever. I'm not gonna be like these others and threaten to kill you. but whatever happens you deserve.
    RIP SELENA QUINTANILLA PEREZ.
    GOD BLESS HER FAMILY && FRIENDS.

• conishkee 4 years ago

Anyone who read Yolanda's twisted letter to the press can definitely see that the woman is not wrapped too tight upstairs. She's got this whole sick fantasy thing going on about Selena and her fans not loving her, and she actually believes it. Yolanda will always be in jail, even if they let her out in 15 years. Where could the woman safely go? There are too many people who would want to do to her what she did to Selena (and more) and she knows it; that's why they have her in segregation ever since she went in, 'cause Yolanda knows her life is in jeopardy. In or out, she will always be in her own hell for what she did.

Yolanda is extremely disgraceful. My question is, how in the hell does she think people support her or even believe that she didn't kill Selena? The evidence is all there...she murdered a beautiful, talented young woman and everyone knows it! If she'd truly been a friend of Selena's, she wouldn't have stolen from her and lied to her.

I think it's just pathetic that she finds she had to resort to killing Selena all because she didn't want to be out of Selena's life. As for saying her fans never loved her, she's no right to say that and the truth of the matter is, she lives in a fantasy world where Selena's entire life revolved around her friendship/working relationship with Yolanda.

Like some of the people commenting here, I won't be one of those people waiting to kill Yolanda, but I also won't stop anyone who tries to. She deserves what she gets and God will judge her for her crime against Selena and her family.

May Selena rest in peace and may her family live in peace!

• Esh 4 years ago

I don't like Yolanda, at all..but I wouldn't kill her, I'll leave it up to Karma to make her pay. I didn't know much about Selena, she died before I was born :( I only know certain stuff about her because of her movie, and I loved her since then. I can never, til this day, bring myself to listen to any of her songs, I break down in tears easily/quickly. My love for Selena is actually indescribable, I can never describe it, and it was sometihng about her that always made me smile. One thing I know, Selena was a inspiration.

I can't believe the fact that Yolanda said she shot Selena accidentally, yet, what other reason could you possibly have for bringing the gun? She is such a liar &amp; I hope she pays for what she did. I was very devastated &amp; hurt when I(way later in years) found out about her death, it really saddened me. It sucks that all I have is her music to live on but I know she's in a better place &amp; is out of harm's way.

Yolanda, you are a monster. Selena had fans who LOVED her &amp; STILL DO LOVE HER, you're just mad because you have no-one who loves you..yet again, JEALOUSY. Get over yourself, you're nothing special, once you pass, everyone will enjoy dancing &amp; spitting on your grave, laughing instead of weeping, &amp; savoring the moment you're finally gone, WE WON'T &amp; I mean WON'T &amp; WON'T EVER MISS YOU!

I hate the fact that she killed Selena and i believe she should stay in jail till she rots she needs to suffer the was she made the rest of the country suffer with that stupid sticky trigger finger of hers. I'm a christian but when it comes to this i am sooooo pissed! if i could i would slit her throught as soon as she saw her next glimpse of the sun!

Yolanda Saldivar: BURN IN HELL BITCH!!!!!!!!

Selena Quintanilla/ Perez: RIP love you! &lt;3 1971-1965

• nun of ur bzwa 4 years ago

u r cruel. Ihate u how can you kill selena she is my role model. i hope you say la verdad y q pienses lo q hiciste.

• F L 3 years ago

Yolander
    You are better stayin in jail for life rather than being released. You took the one &amp; only queen of tejano
    Selena that we all love
    You have aged over the years that you will struggle to run and hide. There will be ppl waiting for you!!!I
    I had to adjust my comments 5x due to foul language that i have entered about u - dog

yolanda eres una perra del infierno jamas seras feliz te odio te detesto ojala y te pudras en el mismisimo infierno!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• JACQUELiNE21 3 years ago

YOLANDA!!! SELENA WAS THE FiRST SiNGER i EVER LOVED i WAS ONLY 10 YEARS OLD WHEN SHE DiED!!!! YOU TOOK THE MOST iNNOCENT ANGEL --&gt; THE BiGGEST STRANGER THAT i EVER LOVED!!!! i HATE YOU!!! YOU TAUGHT ME HOW TO HATE &amp;&amp; i WiSH YOU THE WORST!!! NO ONE WiLL PROBABLY EVEN OPEN YOUR SISTERS &amp; YOUR BOOK BECAUSE YOU ARE THE MOST CRUEL HATEFUL PERSON iN THE WORLD... YOU WANTED TO BE KNOWN WELL THERE YOU GO KiLLER&lt;-- LATE AT NiGHT WHEN ALL THE WORLD iS SLEEPiNG SELENA STAYS UP PROBABLY PRAYiNG FOR YOU!!!! YOU DESTROYED HER iNNOCENCE, i HATE--&gt; JEALOUS PSYCHO B**** LiKE YOU!!!! ONE DAY WHEN LiFE ENDS... GOD WiLL PUNiSH YOU!!!! &amp;&amp; YOU KNOW WHAT NO ONE WiLL EVER FALL iN LOVE WiTH YOU--&gt; LOOKiNG AT YOUR PiX GiVES ME ASCO!!! YOUR A COMPLETE DEViL i CAN SEE iT iN YOUR FACE.... SO WHY DONT YOU GET OVER YOURSELF TRYiNG TO GET OUT OF JAiL--&gt; YOU KiLLED SELENA &amp;&amp; EVEN iF THEY LET YOU OUT YOU WiLL NEVER LiVE iNN PEACE OR GET A DECENT JOB!!!! BECAUSE NO ONE WiLL WANT YOU EVEN 1 FEET CLOSE TO THEM YOU HATEFUL MOST NASTiEST HATEFUL CREATURE!!!!! BURN iN HELLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! &amp;&amp; WHiLE YOUR AT iT PiCK UP SELENAS ROSE PEDALS AND GET ON YOUR KNEES &amp;&amp; ASK FOR FORGiVENESS B****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RiiP--&gt; SELENA i LOVE YOU AND SAVE A SPOT UP THERE FOR ME&lt;3

• rosemarie rosado-18 years old 3 years ago

i was born in 1992. i grew up with selena's music in my life. she was amazing she still is... but yolanda you know what you did. i dont hate you , but i dont like you. now all these comments you may have read there a little extreame but they are from people that have cared for selena. i do give you credit for your impresive vocabulary. but theres something i want to correct from your letter.. you said your chance will come to speak... you may be right but at that moment no one will care. and you will probably die by someone killing you. but honestly we both know you dont care. so i hope and wish you well, because thats what selena would have wanted. see you soon

• rosemarie rosado-18 years old 3 years ago

you think your crazy yolanda?.. well im beyond it .

rosadorosemarie@yahoo.com
    95east oakdale st , bayshore ny 11706
    facebook- myspace
    613 392 1131

ps. i have the balls to put my info down. catch me if you can

• Simon 3 years ago

Bravo. New Yorkers forever!!!

Pages

Related Videos:

• Libyan Unrest Continues
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518339648" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518339648&autoStart=true"></div>
  • ISIS Eye on U.S.
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518409279" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518409279&autoStart=true"></div>
  • Department of Homeland Gestapo?
    <div class="video-info" data-id="517540334" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=517540334&autoStart=true"></div>