Residents of a beautiful Longmont community are being warned to check their yards for poisoned meatballs after a local family found three 'd-Con' laced meatballs in the front of their home on Sunday reported abc7Denver.
The Longmont Police Department reported the poison laced hamburger meat had been thrown over a short fence at a home on the 400 block of Collyer Street where two wirehaired Dachshunds live with their family. Last June, the same family also reported receiving a threatening note telling them to keep their dogs from barking.
Only three houses from the culprit's obvious current victim, a six-year-old Corgi named Cody died last year from what authorities think may have been rat poisoning. Although there was no necropsy performed on the dog, Cody displayed the classic symptoms of nausea, diarrhea, lethargy, decreased appetite, difficulty breathing, bleeding, and fever.
Symptoms may not show up for a few days.
In April 2014, authorities were called when rat poisoned meatballs were found in Gunbarrel Park in Boulder County. A six-month-old puppy was rushed to the vet to be treated for possible rat poisoning after having consumed a suspicious meat laced with green and blue pellets.
Authorities say this is the only area where the pellets have been found. A reward of $4,500 had been offered for the arrest and conviction of the person responsible for such a heinous crime.
The Longmont Police Department is asking anyone with information about this crime to call (303)-651-8501.
If you would like to continue receiving the latest news on pet issues and how we can help those who cannot speak, please click the "Subscribe" icon.
Follow the National Pet Rescue Examiner on Facebook by clicking here. Please visit and "like" my page. You are welcome to submit story ideas by contacting me at firstname.lastname@example.org.