Rat poison was found inside a dog park in Crystal, Minnesota by a dog owner whose dog was chewing on it. Thankfully the owner got the rat poison away from the dog before it could do any harm to the animal, according to CBS Minnesota on Sept. 16.
The Crystal Police Department is warning dog owners to keep an eye out and asking for the public’s help in finding the person who placed this rat poison inside Welcome Park’s fenced in dog park. No injuries have been reported from this rat poison incident. It sounds like this alert dog owner found it before it could do harm to any of the other animals.
Crystal Police also ask if the public comes across anything that looks suspicious at the dog park to contact the department. This appears purposely done, to leave an object containing rat poison on the ground at a dog park seems like it serves no other purpose than to harm the dogs. Hopefully someone will catch the person or persons who did this.
The police department posted the incident on their Facebook page:
“Crystal PD officers responded to an incident at the dog park inside Welcome Park today.
An unknown suspect put rat poison inside the fenced area of the dog park - and one dog did chew on it (thankfully the dog's owner caught it in time, and no pet injuries occurred).
Please contact the Crystal Police Department if you have any information regarding this crime - or if you happen to be at Welcome Park and notice any suspicious activity in the area of the dog park.