When you contemplate how a hip-hop rap singer likes to spend his time, you probably wouldn't choose the kitchen as his favorite place in the house. But then 2 Chainz isn't your typical rapper. On the Dec. 13 episode of "The Doctors," he revealed his rock star raves for healthy foods.
The Grammy Award-nominated rapper came up with some recipes to combat his stomach problems. He was diagnosed with both ulcers and acid reflux disease and decided to experiment with using food as medicine.
2 Chainz has created a new cookbook #MealTime that's being published alongside his new album "B.O.A.T.S. 2# Metime" (click for details). He believes that you can enhance your entire life by changing what you eat.
"[The cookbook] shows people some of my favorite tour bus recipes; you know, what it takes for me to become, I think, the best person that I can be at all times. It’s about what you put in your body," he declared.
After changing his diet, he "definitely felt younger, I had more energy," he said.
Now 2 Chainz wants to use his platform to rap the word about eating right.
"I'm a rap artist first, but at the same time, I understand that I do have a platform. I just try to share some of the things, which would be a healthy lifestyle," he explained.
We can't guarantee you'll become a rap star if you try this recipe, but we can promise that it tastes great.
2 Chainz Smoky Kale Greens Recipe
• 1 pound kale
• 1/2 small purple onion
• Olive oil
• 2 teaspoons garlic
• Smoked turkey of your choice
• 4 cups chicken stock
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat up some olive oil in a pan and add onion and garlic to it.
2. Let the mixture cook for 1 to 2 minutes, then add smoked turkey and toss that for one more minute.
3. Add 4 cups chicken stock to a pot, and season with salt and pepper for desired flavor.
4. Bring to a boil, then add kale, cooking until kale stalks are tender. This should take approximately 20 to 25 minutes.