Those SAT/ACT scores in college do two important things for you:
- They can keep you from taking zero credit classes - you still pay for those even though you don't get credit.
- They can give you scholarship money to attend college.
So, how do you improve your scores?
- Take practice tests - there are sites where you can take free practice tests, and sites where you can purchase tests. Take the tests in a timed environment, just as you will be taking the real tests.
- Use online prep sites - there are several that are free, or low cost.
- Look at several study guides for the test and memorize the most used math formulas.
On the day of the test, remind yourself to:
- Read the whole question. Too many times we read part of the question and jump to answer it. Read the whole question.
- Skip the ones you don't know and come back to those questions.
- Pace yourself - that is why you want to practice taking timed tests.
- Sleep well, eat well, and don't psych yourself out - go in with a positive attitude.