The summer's winding down, the back to school sales have started, and fall is just around the corner...as is a popular annual event at Raglan Road. The Downtown Disney restaurant will host its third annual Great Irish Hooley from August 29 to September 1.
As always, the Hooley will bring together a lively mix of music, dancing, and delicious cuisine. This year's bands include:
- Scythian, a headliner on the Celtic festival circuit and equally at home in rock venues. The band will release a fan-funded album, “Jump at the Sun,” in August.
- The Raglan Rebels, Ireland’s best up-and-coming young band with traditional and modern songs and ballads.
- Drops of Green, an exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
- The Brayzen Heads, a popular duo on guitar and banjo playing Raglan Road regularly.
- The West Coast Trio, from Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
But the Great Irish Hooley isn't just a spectator event. Get in on the fun with an Irish dance workshop led by Ronan McCormack, a choreographer and Irish dancer from the original Riverdance cast.
Of course, there's plenty of Irish food, too, with a menu from celebrity chef Kevin Dundon. The atmosphere is so authentic that the wood in the interior came all the way from Ireland, where it was originally part of old bars and churches. It was assembled on the Emerald Isle and shipped to Orlando.
Click the slideshow accompanying this article for some scenes to help you get ready for the Great Irish Hooley. It's a family friendly event, so you can bring the kids or make it an adults-only outing, whichever you prefer.