St. Patricks Day is over for the year, but that doesn't mean there isn't still plenty of Irish partying to be done. The Great Irish Hooley at Raglan Road kicks off over at Downtown Disney in less than a week. It starts on Friday, August 29, and runs through Monday, making is a great way to celebrate over the long Labor Day Weekend.
A Hooley is a rollicking celebration, and that's exactly what unfolds at Raglan Road each year. The restaurant and Irish pub features delicious cuisine all year 'round, so of course its available for this event. There's plenty of Irish dancing, too, and an expanded musical schedule features the following artists:
- Scythian, a headliner on the Celtic festival circuit and equally at home in rock venues.
- The Raglan Rebels, Ireland’s best up-and-coming young band with traditional and modern songs and ballads.
- Drops of Green, an exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
- The Brayzen Heads, a popular duo on guitar and banjo playing Raglan Road regularly.
- The West Coast Trio, from Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
The event is family friendly, with fun for the kids like face painting Saturday through Monday and Irish dance workshops. You'll even meet Ronan McCormack, formerly of the original Riverdance cast, and learn from a true expert. Click the video accompanying this article for a quick summary of all the fun from last year's Hooley.
Want the full entertainment schedule? You'll find it here. If you come early on Saturday or Sunday, you can enjoy a sumptuous brunch.
Even if you can't make it to the Great Irish Hooley, Raglan Road is always a great spot to dine at Downtown Disney. Enjoy a quiet lunch or head over in the evening, when things get more lively.