In a first ever for the West Coast, Rachel Zoe, Rodger Berman with Molly Sims and Scott Stuber will host the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund’s 1st Annual Super Saturday LA.
The full day event, which is making the switch from New York to Los Angeles to commemorate OCRF’s 20-Year Anniversary, will take place on Saturday, May 17, 2014 at The Barker Hangar in Santa Monica, California from 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m with a special VIP preview shopping hour beginning at 10:00 a.m.
“I am so honored to be hosting the first ever Super Saturday Los Angeles with my husband, Rodger and my dear friends, Molly Sims and Scott Stuber,” says co-host Rachel Zoe. “Super Saturday has raised millions of dollars for OCRF, and I couldn't be more proud to help in the fight against ovarian cancer.”
Once dubbed “the Rolls Royce of garage sales” by the New York Times, guests who attend will score designer deals for women, men and kids plus beauty, jewelry and accessories from the likes of Versace, Rachel Zoe, Kate Spade SATURDAY, James Perse, Rachel Pally, Trina Turk, ERIN by Erin Featherston, Kenneth Cole, David Meister, Hudson Jeans, Cosabella and many more. Other products will include home goods, men’s products, children’s clothing and toys, cutting-edge electronics and pet products.
In addition to the deeply-discounted designer shopping, guests will also enjoy an afternoon of indulgence and fun including:
- At Home with JCPenney where guests can relax and enjoy refreshments, cooking demonstrations by actress and “Dinner at Tiffani’s” host Tiffani Thiessen, photo keepsakes and activities for the whole family.
- L’Oreal Paris Beauty Suite where attendees can pamper themselves with a manicure or professional make-up application.
- Complimentary blowouts at the pop-up premiere blowout salon, DreamDry, co-founded by Rachel Zoe and marketing expert, Robin Moraetes.
- A carefully curated compilation of vintage and modern pre-loved luxury clothing and accessories by Style icon and famed founder of Decades Inc, Cameron Silver, who will also use his impeccable taste and outrageous sense of fun to help guests take the perfect selfie; and much more.
- A variety of culinary experiences, including a full lunch buffet from Lexington Social House, refreshing beverages and spirits, gourmet treats and delectable desserts, a Pet Park for four-legged friends to play, a luxury grand raffle, and a special Super Saturday online auction with amazing one-of-a-kind VIP experiences, celebrity meet & greets, and more. www.charitybuzz.com/supersaturday
Super Saturday LA will host activities, games and arts and crafts for children with Parsons professor and fashion designer Rob Younkers and Elle's Creative Director Joe Zee bringing their highly successful Stitched Fashion Camp to OCRF’s Super Saturday LA. The two will work alongside teens and children to design and style one-of-a-kind shirts while sharing their inside knowledge of fashion.
Additionally, Local LA charity P.S. ARTS will host amazing activities for kids modeled on their incredible “Express Yourself” fall event. Duff’s Cakemix, founded by celebrity chef and television personality, Duff Goldman, will also be on-site with an interactive design bakery and a DIY cupcake decorating station for kids.
"Marking our 20th anniversary and building on the enormous success of Super Saturday in the Hamptons, OCRF is thrilled to expand our signature Super Saturday event to Los Angeles this spring. The exciting new location will feature fabulous designers, celebrities, and activities. It's a special day of fashion and fun for the whole family in support of our mission to raise money for research," says Audra Moran, CEO, Ovarian Cancer Research Fund.
Ticket prices for OCRF’s Super Saturday LA are $250 for general admission, $100 for entry after 1:30 p.m., $50 for children ages 6-16 (kids 5 and under are admitted free) and $20 per pup.
VIP tickets featuring exclusive benefits are available for $400, and include: early access (10:00 a.m.) to luxury designer sale, preferred parking, access to VIP area to rest and relax, expedited cashier process and shopping bag check. Tables and sponsor packages are also available.