Racers start your engines! This Memorial Day celebrate the Indy 500 with a racecar party!
**Note: This party also works well as a racecar birthday party!**
- Choose a racecar themed invitation at Blue Daisy Paper
- Or, attach the following invitation to a Hot Wheels car: “Attention Race Fans! Announcing the (Last Name)’s Speedway’s Memorial Day 500 (or, Birthday Extravaganza). Rev Up Your Engines & Race Over on (Date). Take Your Pole Position at (Time) & Pick Up Racers at the Finish Line at (Time). RSVP to the Pit Crew (Parents Names)
- Black & white checkered tablecloths and paper goods
- “Welcome to (Last Name) Speedway” poster
- Toy racecars
- Black & white checkered flags
RACER CHECK IN
Pit Passes: Make pit passes with guests’ names, photos and speedway name. Place the pit passes into plastic badge holders from Staples. Guests can sign and decorate pit passes with racecar stickers as they arrive.
- Design a Race Car: Print coloring pages of racecars and have guests decorate their own racecar. Tape all designs up on the “Auto Show” wall.
- Racecar Cookies: Help guests make racecar cookies with a Nutter Butter body, mini-Oreo wheels and a gumdrop driver. Attach parts with peanut butter or icing.
- Green Flag/Red Flag: Played like red light-green light. Guests can pretend to drive, or push toy cars to reach the finish line.
- Racecar Relay: Have 2 ride-on cars or skateboards. Have two teams relay with the cars to reach the finish line first. (If skateboards are used, have guests sit and scoot on the boards or wear appropriate safety gear)
- Speed Test: Play Pole Position, Mario Kart or another racecar video game.
- Race Track: Set up a Hot Wheels racetrack or make a course for a remote control car with cones or chalk. Time racers to see who scores the fastest lap.
- Rent-a-Track: Uncle Jax Party Trax delivers a racecar track to your home. Both kids and adults will love racing remote controlled cars on this track.
- Or, get in the racing action with a party at K-1 Speedway (Irvine & Huntington Beach locations) or go-kart racing at Boomers (Irvine & Fountain Valley locations).
- Hot Dogs can be made to look like racecars with carrot coin wheels and ketchup details.
- Place checkered flag toothpicks into cupcakes
End the party with an awards ceremony. Take a photo of each guest receiving a trophy on top of a podium (don't forget to have them hold the traditional glass bottle of milk!). Custom trophies can be ordered at Trophy Depot engraved with each guest’s name & (Last Name) Speedway Winners Circle.
Want to Pep Up your parties? Just click on the “SUBSCRIBE” button above to receive email alerts when Alii’s latest articles are available.
Check out more party ideas in the Spring issue of Coast Kids Magazine