Known for steaks, seafood and a lively bar crowd, R B Angus Steakhouse is often "hit-and-miss". Most nights, the Prime Rib is the featured steak, along with a Top Sirloin. The shrimp dishes are good, but I'd suggest you stay with the main beef offerings. Sushi is available and popular with tourists. Prices are reasonable and there's never a crowd in the dining area.
R B Angus Steakhouse is also known for a lively and active bar scene. It's a good mix of Maui locals and tourists from nearby resorts and condo complexes, but the crown is polite while still maintaining a fun environment.
Looking for some beef and a good Prime Rib in the Honokowai, Kahana, and Napili area? Trying to find a young, energetic bar with good drinks and noisy conversation? Try R B Angus Steakhouse in Kahana for an "average" meal, and often not-so-energetic service.
R B Black Angus Steakhouse
4465 Honoapiilani Hwy.
Lahaina, HI 96761
(808) 669 - 8889
Open: 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
Location. Drive north on Hwy. 30 past the west Maui town of Lahaina, past the entrance to the Kaanapali Resort Area, and keep going north until you see a McDonald's restaurant on your left. Turn left, and then a quick right into the Kahana Gateway Shopping Center. There's a Maui Brewing Company restaurant in the same complex.
- If you're staying in the Kahana resort and condo area, walk over to R B Angus Steakhouse and check it out. Take a look at the menu and decide if you'd like to dine there or just have a few drinks in the bar.
- It's a casual, laid-back environment and reservations are accepted but not needed.
- Stay with the Prime Rib and french fries.
- There's a Whaler's General Store next to the Shell gas station, if you want to pick-up a few things like bottled water, snacks, and candy.
- While in Lahaina Town, visit Hawaii Fudge Company for outstanding fudge and chocolate, and grab a bag of Hawaii Flavors of salt water taffy from Big Wave Taffy.
Travel, Top 10 Lists, Polls Only & Homemade Food!
The Hawaiian island of Maui is an incredible island to visit, and Waikiki is one of the most famous beaches. Also, Honolulu airport is the "gateway" to Bangkok, one of the most visited cities in the world.
Top 10 Maui Restaurants.
- Mama's Fish House is one of the most well-known restaurants on Maui.
- In Lahaina Town, try Lahaina Grill. It's one of the best restaurants on Maui.
- Merriman's Hawaiian Restaurant in Kapalua has won many awards for outstanding food.
- The Pineapple Grill in Kapalua is a popular, upscale restaurant popular with locals and tourists alike.
- On the west side of Maui, try Star Noodle. It's one of the most popular restaurants on the island.
- The Plantation House in Kapalua offers an excellent fine dining experience.
- Sarento's On The Beach in the Kihei area of Maui is always recognized for outstanding food and service.
- Hali' imaile General Store has pleased customers since opening in 1988 with its upcountry location.
- Japengo At The Maui Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa is a recent addition to the Top 10 Restaurants on Maui.
- Roy's in Ka'anapali has consistently been one of the top restaurants on Maui, Hawaii.
Maui's Top Attractions.
- Haleakala National Park lets you visit one of the most rare sights in the world at over 32,000 feet.
- The Road To Hana takes a full day but is one of the most famous drives in the world.
- One of the wettest and most beautiful valleys on all the Hawaiian islands is at Iao Valley.
- Visit 7 Sacred Pools (Ohe'o Gulch) past Hana on the far windward side of Maui.
- A "must-see" beach is Big Beach at Makena State Park on the southwest side of Maui, Hawaii.
- Lahaina Town & Banyan Tree on the west side of Maui is a historic whaling town with much to see.
- Stroll through gardens with over 45 varieties of lavender at the Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm.
- One of Maui's top-rated family attractions in the Maui Ocean Center.
- Maui Tropical Plantation offers rides through a tropical plantation and has a fun zipline.
- The Sugar Museum is located on Hawaii's largest working sugar factory.
- Tedeschi Winery produces wine from Maui-grown grapes at the Ulupalakua Ranch.
- Surfing Goat Dairy has world-class cheese made upcountry in a unique setting.