· Brittany Force on the learning curve: “Reaction times are still the toughest part. You can practice all you want, but it's completely different when someone's in the next lane and you're strapped in with a helmet on and the engine making all that noise behind you. I'm still learning, and I'll be learning for a while."
· Doug Kalitta on his Gatornationals win: “Getting the Gatornationals win was definitely a great boost for me and all my guys on the Mac Tools team, especially after the great start we have had this year. We’re really excited about the way we’ve started 2014. As a driver, it’s a big boost to your confidence to know that you have such a great race car underneath you. We’re eager to see what this season will hold for us from here on out.”
· Khalid alBalooshi on bouncing back: “I feel good about the race this weekend in Las Vegas. The Al-Anabi team is strong; both cars are strong. I think we are going to Las Vegas to do something good this weekend. I know what has happened so far this year, but I am not worried about our team. I know we are one of the best teams. We have a chance to win any race; on any weekend one of our cars can win the race.”
· Shawn Langdon on pressure in Top Fuel: “It’s tough in Top Fuel. We really haven’t done anything where we’ve made huge mistakes. For some reason on Sunday, the Al-Anabi car hasn’t cooperated like it did last year when we always seemed to make a lot of good runs on race day. We haven’t had that much success yet, but it’s still early in the year. We’re not hanging our heads about anything. We have some things we can improve with the car so we’re not discouraged by any means. At some point in the next few races, though, we need to get the Al-Anabi car back in the winner’s circle so the rest of the competition doesn’t run away in the points.”
Quotes in this piece provided by Al-Anabi Racing and the NHRA.
Check out Paula’s Examiner columns on motorsports:
Follow Paula on:
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – Paula Thompson Freelance
Contact Paula at email@example.com