Are you an expert on LGBT parenting books, movies, and television? Take this quiz to find out. Have your thinking cap firmly in place? Great! Lets begin.
- Who played the role of Nic in the film “The Kids are All Right?”
- In the 2011 book “Sing You Home” by Jodi Picoult, a divorced female music therapist falls in love with a lesbian school counselor. They decide to have a baby through artificial insemination. Who is the baby’s biological father?
- What celebrity expressed an interest in producing “Sing You Home” as a movie?
- Which columnist helped put together MTV’s “It Gets Better Special,” a show designed to fight gay bullying?
- What gay actor created controversy last year by suggesting that gay parents do not make good parents?
- What 2005 movie centered on two bisexual cowboys who fall in love and forge a 20-year romance?
- What NBC television show premiered in 2012 and features two gay men raising a daughter?
- What is the name of Tina and Bette’s daughter on the L-Word?
- In the L-Word, Shane received a crash course in gay parenting duties when she briefly raised her brother. What was the name of Shane’s brother?
- What character on the television show “Glee” has two gay dads?
Are you itching to find out how much you know? Check out your answers below.
1. Annette Bening
3. Ellen Degeneres
4. Dan Savage
5. Rupert Everett
6. Brokeback Mountain
7. New Normal