This refreshing summer salad is made with quinoa. Quinoa is a gluten-free, protein- packed seed. It's a complete protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. Add a side of lean protein to your salad and you've got a highly nutritious, balanced meal.
Here's what you need for a serving of 6:
• 3/4 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
• 2 Tablespoons lime juice, divided
• 1-15 fresh mint leaves, minced
• 2 cups cooked quinoa
• optional dash of salt and pepper
• 1 cup blueberries
• 1 cup green grapes, halved
• 1/2 cup raspberries
• 1 teaspoon agave nectar
1. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, 1 tablespoon lime juice and the mint. Pour over the cooked quinoa and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
2. In another bowl combine the fruit, agave nectar and remaining lime juice.
3. Cover and refrigerate each bowl for 2 hours, to allow the flavors to emerge, then combine the fruit with the quinoa and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 114 calories, 1 fat, 13mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 2.5g fiber, and 6g protein.
Recipe and Image: Fitness and More Inc.