July is National Baked Beans month, so it’s only natural to provide a recipe that uses beer, and here’s one that’s pretty quick and easy for nearly-homemade, tastes-baked beans.
Quick & Easy Beer Beans
- 4 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large can of baked beans
- 3/4 cup dark beer (6 ounces of your favorite)
- 1/4 cup pancake syrup (your favorite)
- 1 tablespoon honeyshopping list
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- Salt and pepper to tasteshopping list
Fry the bacon in a large pot just until it starts to crisp. Drain all but 1 tablespoon of the drippings.
Sauté the onion and garlic in the reserved bacon drippings until soft.
Add the remaining ingredients and slowly simmer for about 30 minutes, or until thick.