This Coke chicken recipe is so easy to do, but the resulting chicken dinner is quite elegant. It's not barbecued chicken, but a lighter, crisper version. The chicken inside is as moist as can be.
People cook lots of dishes using soft drinks: 7-up cake, Mountain Dew cake, and various ham recipes using Coke or Dr. Pepper. The best spaghetti sauce I ever tasted was someone's secret recipe using Dr. Pepper and carrots!
This recipe uses a can of regular Coke; I would not substitute anything else, but that's up to you. I usually try out recipes on my family members, and my husband really liked this.
- Bone-in chicken breasts: Recipe will do a pan full.
- One can of Coke
- 1/2 cup of Catsup
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place thawed chicken in the pan with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Mix Catsup, Coke, and salt.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees, turning up to 400 during the last 15 minutes, watching carefully for burning. Periodically through the first 1 1/2 hours, spoon the Coke/catsup sauce over top of the chicken.