There are very few foods that can just wash away all the stress and anxieties in our lives; however macaroni and cheese seems to be one of those few foods. It also seems that the more creamy and ooey gooey the mac and cheese is, the better it is at making you smile!
This 4 ingredient mac and cheese recipe is fairly simple to make and it will definitely win over anyone who happens to be at your dinner table (even you mother-in-law).
Ooey gooey macaroni and cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package macaroni
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed Cheddar cheese soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 pound shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Place macaroni in a 2 quart casserole dish. Stir in cheese soup and milk until well combined. Sprinkle with shredded Colby.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is brown and bubbly.
- When making mac and cheese, it’s really important to lightly salt the boiling water for the pasta. The salt helps to bring out the flavor of the pasta instead of it getting lost in the cheese. You don’t have to use a lot, but it does need some salt
- To go to the ooey gooey extreme, make these changes: use 2 cans of soup, ½ c milk, and ½ c sour cream. Yep, good stuff!
There is no right or wrong time to make macaroni and cheese. It works year around and with so many different main dishes. Fancy it up with a dusting of buttery cracker crumbs or feel free to scoop this ooey gooeyness in your favorite coffee mug as a casual make shift bowl. Either way, enjoy this comfort food with all your heart!
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!