This look is perfect for an office party, a family dinner, or simple holiday gathering. A really soft smokey eye is easy and effortless. Check out this video for the step by step tutorial!
1. Start by applying a dark gold/bronze liner to the waterline and lower lash line. *TIP- the gold in the eyeliner reflects light which will open your eyes and make them brighter.
2. Apply the same color to the top lash line. *TIP- lay your pencil at an angle to get easy smudged application. It does not have to be perfect!
3. With a rounded pencil like brush begin to smudge the eye liner on the lower and upper lash line. The key here is to have a soft finish. You do not want any harsh lines or edges left from the eyeliner
4. Apply mascara to bottom lashes first, then apply to the top lashes.
5. OPTIONAL- Add false lashes to make your look more dramatic.
Smokey eyes are perfect for almost any occasion. You can intensify the look by building the liner so that it makes the color even darker. Smokey eyes are best paired with a nude lip so that the focus stays on your eyes.