Most parties or gatherings have the same old appetizer choices: dips, cheese and crackers, meatballs, and fruit. Change that cheese ball recipe for the trendiest party food this season: mini cheese balls!
Mini cheese balls are great for cocktail parties, office parties or other gatherings where appetizers are served. Instead of a big cheese ball that every has to cut in to (and you know fingers have touched that cheese ball), these mini cheese balls are individually sized; however there is nothing mini about the flavor!
Mini cheese ball recipe:
- 1 tub (8 oz.) Cream cheese spread- onion and chive flavor
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices cooked bacon, finely chopped (bacon bits work as well)
- ½ tsp. Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ cup finely chopped pecans (or your choice of nut)
- Mix cream cheese spread and mozzarella in medium bowl until blended. Stir in bacon and seasonings.
- Shape into balls, using 1 tsp. cheese mixture for each (Use a tablespoon for slightly larger balls).
- Roll in nuts.
- Chill at least 2 hours or overnight (the longer it chills, the more time the flavors have to mingle)
Play with different flavors that you prefer. Such as:
- Try dry ranch seasoning, instead of dry Italian seasoning
- Try sharp cheddar shredded, instead of mozzarella
- Add a dash of Worcestershire sauce, or bbq sauce
- Turkey bacon is a great substitute for regular bacon
This is a great appetizer because everyone gets their very own cheeseballs. No more messy knife accidents or quick finger holds when no one is looking. Mini cheese balls are definitely a current party trend!
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!