If you're fed up with size zero talk show hosts dishing on diets, Queen Latifah understands. She's featured a variety of diet experts on her talk show recently. And on April 8, just in time to help you plan your summer slim-down, Queen Latifah featured a hot new diet that's been shown to help take off 20 pounds of fat in four weeks.
Dr. Ian Smith, co-host of "The Doctors," explained to Queen Latifah that he designed his new diet to make it fast and easy to follow. He's the author of "Super Shred: The Big Results Diet: 4 Weeks 20 Pounds Lose It Faster" (click for details).
How much weight you lose during those four weeks varies, based on your current weight. But Dr. Smith says that by following the plan closely, you can take off those excess pounds more easily.
For those concerned about the safety of extreme weight loss, Dr. Smith notes that he designed the plan to provide you with the right amount of fats, protein and healthy carbohydrates for health, thereby providing a safe way to lose weight rapidly.
Among his guidelines for "super-shredding:"
- Calorie Disruption: The diet is designed to give you different amounts of calories on different days, from 900 on low-calorie days to 1,500 on higher-calorie days. These shifts keep your metabolism at optimal level.
- Sliding Nutrient Density: As the day progresses, eat primarily plant-based foods.
- Plan Ahead: Space out meals and snacks throughout the day.
A typical day on the "Super Shred" diet looks like this:
- Breakfast: Sugar-free cereal in almond milk, a half cup of raspberries or strawberries, and green tea.
- Mid-morning snacks: Deli turkey slices or popcorn.
- Lunch: Fruit smoothie.
- Dinner: A veggie burger, or a garden salad.
Dr. Smith also recommends exercising. The “Shred “workout involves less than half of an hour of high-intensity moves, including cardio and muscle toning.
What to do when the four-week diet is over: You can continue your weight loss and then transition to maintenance with Dr. Smith's original "Shred" diet: "Shred: The Revolutionary Diet: 6 Weeks 4 Inches 2 Sizes."