An Illinois witness at Johnston City reported watching a "large, pyramid-shape bigger than a two-story house" just 500 feet away that was moving northeast and making a static-type noise, according to January 2, 2013, testimony from the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
The witness was working when someone yelled out.
"I have no idea what it was," the witness stated. "It was like nothing I ever saw before. It was 500 feet away overhead and moving northeast. It was making a static-type noise and you could smell ozone like after a lighting strike."
The witness described the object.
"The object was pyramid-shaped around the size of two-story house. It had green, amber, red, and blue lights flashing faintly lit around the trim of it and a soft, white light pulsing across the surface from the center. It was flying around 50 mph."
The object was in view for about 45 seconds. No images or videos were included with the MUFON report, which was filed on January 2, 2013. The incident occurred on December 29, 2012, with the object vanishing at 6:02 p.m. Johnston City is in Williamson County, population 3,557.
A recently covered case where the witness described the UFO shape as pyramid includes:
Recently covered Illinois UFO cases include:
- Illinois disc UFO described as 'blue, laser-like ring'
- Diamond-shaped object reported hovering low over Illinois town
- Cigar UFO 'with no sound' reported hovering low over Illinois town
- Illinois driver follows low hovering lights near Urbana
- Cigar UFO reported hovering over Indiana town just 'disappeared'
- Oval UFO surprises Illinois witness at 50 feet off ground
- New witness surfaces in Illinois UFO case from January 2000
- Illinois siblings share second UFO sighting of disc-shaped object
- Illinois witnesses report '3-foot bubble' UFO over Knox County
- 'Three silent objects' with blue-white lights watched by Illinois witness
- '30-foot disc' UFO follows Illinois couple in Will County
- Video: Disc UFO caught on camera over Illinois
Illinois is a current UFO ALERT 5 rating, with a low number of UFO sightings nationally. Illinois had 6 reports in December 2012 - the 25th highest reporting state while California had 75 reports - the highest reporting state in the nation.
You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page.
The following is the unedited report filed with MUFON. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. If Illinois MUFON State Director Sam Maranto investigates and reports back on this case, I will release an update. Please report UFO activity to MUFON.com.
December 29, 2012, Johnston City, IL - }large pyramid shape bigger than a two story house different color lights around outside white pulsing light across surface. Case 44937.
Johnson City IL working
another person outside yelled look at that
Have no idea what it was was like nothing i ever saw before
500ft away over head moving northeast was making a static type noise and you could smell ozone like after a lighting strike the object was pyramid shaped around the size of two story house it had green amber red n blue lights flashing faintly lit around the trim of it and a soft white light pulsing across the surface from the center out was flying around 50 mile per hr object stayed in view for about 45 seconds then vanished 6:02pm 12/29/12 slight over cased no moon or stars were visible yet the object went out of sight very quickly