Plants Vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare for the Xbox one and Xbox 360 received its first patch Friday evening meant to balance the weapons of the multiplayer shooter's characters. However, it also increases the coin payouts as well as makes it less brutal for the zombies to capture gardens in the Gardens & Graveyards mode.
PopCap Games lead designer shared the balance details on NeoGAF that mostly focuses on buffs to the All-Star, Soldier and Scientist zombie weapons as well as the Sunflower from the plant side of the equation. One common complaint with the Gardens & Graveyards mode is how long it takes for the zombie team to capture a garden point making it brutally difficult to make it through all six.
We've played Gardens & Graveyards since the update and can confirm it is much quicker so the plant team will have to be even stiffer on defense because matches can quickly end if the zombie team gets two or more players in the capture zone.
We can confirm that the coin payouts have been increased as well with completing a game of Team Vanquish giving out 2,000 coins now.
You can check out the complete balance patch notes for Garden Warfare below. Note that this is a server side update so you will not a download on your end.
- More Coins! Yes more coins are now awarded in both Team Vanquish Mode and Gardens & Graveyards.
- Skip Star Challenge cards are now more plentiful – these are a great way to skip the harder challenges.
Gardens & Graveyards
- Zombie garden capture time decreased in all maps.
Gameplay Balance Changes:
- Increased primary weapon damage, and reduced damage falloff distance.
- Increased the Imp Punt's inner blast radius.
- Ice Trooper: Reduced weapon damage falloff distance.
- Marine Biologist: Reduced weapon damage falloff distance.
- Dr. Toxic: Increased rate of fire and reduced weapon damage falloff distance.
- Mystic Sunflower: Increased projectile damage across all three charge levels.
We're going to continue updating and tweaking the game in the days and weeks to come, and I'd love to know what you all think!
You can follow Scott via Facebook, Twitter, RSS feed or email alerts for all the latest game news and deals as well as the weekly Furious Fourcast podcast/videocast. All game news on Examiner can be followed at the Game On Facebook page and Twitter feed.