Okay, so you have attended the local wine and cheese parties that your friends have put on and you love the cheese; however,you are the type of person that just has one glass of wine and eats the cheese. Then you go home and have a beer.
Why not have your friends over for a 'Beer and Cheese Tasting.'
- IPA (India Pale Ale) pairs well with a creamy blue or a nice spicy cheese
- Porter pairs well with cheddar or aged gouda
- Amber Lager also pairs well with aged gouda and any other dry cheese
- Lambic Beer pairs good with a medium blue or a chevre cheese
- Red Ale pairs with a young sheep cheese or a soft-ripened cheese
- Hefeweizen pairs well with herbed cheese as well with chevre or any fresh cheese
- Lager pairs well with ripened goat cheese and a good semi-firm cheese
- Trappist Beers pair good with a washed rind cheese as well with an aged sheep cheese
- Pale Ale pairs good with a parmigiano cheese or a good cheddar cheese
- Wheat Beer pairs with fresh goat cheese and other very fresh cheeses.
Some good advice while you are pairing your cheeses with your beers is that when you put your tasting menu together - you want to have the strong beers and the strong cheese last in the tasting, so that you do not blow out the taste buds in your mouth and you can enjoy your night of tasting beer and cheese.