Star Mamas are receive Big Bling from their significant other, how about you? After carrying a child for months, with morning sickness and sleepless nights, the new mama deserves a little something special.
The tradition of push presents (gift-giving) to commemorate a birth has long roots stemming from England and India, but hasn't be popular in the U.S. until about 1992. Although the term push present has been around for over 20 years, the idea has grown in popularity since about 2011 since Hollywood set for this trend.
Celebrities have gifted:
- Jay-Z gifted Beyoncé with a blue tanzanite ring
- Nick Cannon presented Mariah Carey with a diamond and sapphire necklace emblazoned with her twins’ names, both opted for unique jewelry pieces for their favorite new moms.
- Kanye West chose to give Kim Kardashian a rare black and tiger-stripe diamond ring.
- Celebrity Stylist, Rachel Zoe received a Neil Lane 10 kt. cushion-cut diamond ring for the birth of her son, Skyler.
- Kristin Cavallari received a grey Hermès Birkin bag from husband Jay Cutler after she gave birth to their first child.
- A royal push present was given to Kate from Prince William for the birth of George. Prince William was reported to have helped design a diamond brooch for the event.
A push present is to commemorate the monumental occasion of childbirth and celebrate the new little person in your life. With a little bit of thought and attention you can find an amazing gift that will stand the test of time and remain a precious symbol of the birth of your child as they grow.
A few great ideas:
- Halo Pink or Blue Sapphire Gemstone Ring in White Gold
- Antique Pink or Blue Sapphire Gemstone Ring in White
- Halo Diamond Studs
- Vintage Milgrain Diamond Bracelet
- Circle Diamond Bracelet in White Gold
- Pave Pink or Blue Sapphire Eternity Ring in White Gold
- Pave Diamond Eternity Ring in Rose Gold
- Round Diamond Solitaire Necklace in Platinum
- Bezel Cut Diamond Earrings in Yellow Gold
- Milgrain Halo Dangle Diamond Earrings in White Gold
Brilliance.com’s in-house expert Gemologist, Jonathan Ohayon, has been working in the jewelry industry for over 10 years and can tell you anything you need to know about diamonds, gemstones, and precious metals. Over the past two decades, Brilliance has built a reputation as one of the leading retailers of diamonds, engagement rings, and fine jewelry. Each conflict free diamond is hand-picked by gemologists and made in the United States by master jewelers.