Authorities in Kansas are investigating the owner of a litter of puppies after one of the pups, an 8- year old lab mix was found to have been force-fed bleach which not only burned her head and face, but her throat all the way to her stomach. The puppy, named Bridget and her siblings were picked up by Unleashed Animal Rescue and Adoption after seeing an ad on Craig’s List offering free puppies.
According to the person who posted the ad, he was a friend of the owner’s and just wanted to make sure they found good homes after being left outside during a frigid storm.
In addition to her burns, Bridget was also operated on to remove metal shavings from her stomach. She is currently recovering well and can now eat on her own.
Unleashed is now seeking donations to help cover her medical costs, as well as to find homes for her and the other puppies. Readers interested in helping can contact Unleashed Animal Rescue & Adoption at 5918 Broadmoor, Mission, KS 66202 913 831-7387.
In the meantime, the group is now accepting registrations for its 2nd Annual Racin’ for Rescue to be held June 7, 2014 at 7900 Renner Rd., in Shawnee. The 5 k & 1 K event is open to the whole family (both 2-legged and 4-legged members) and will include awards and festivities. For more information about the event or to register, visit: www.enter2run.com or www.unleashedrescue.com/events.