Have you heard the big weather news? According to The Post-Standard Syracuse article published at the crack of dawn on Feb. 2, a highly anticipated event just took place in a small town in Pennsylvania. Feb. 2 is Groundhog Day, an annual holiday that celebrates the legendary rodent - Punxsutawney Phil. And millions of Americans want to know - did he or didn't he?
Known for his super-natural abilities to predict the weather, Punxsutwaney Phil emerges from the confines of his comfy home each year on Feb. 2 as thousands look on. Ever since his first official journey to Gobbler’s Knob on this day back in 1887, Punxsutawney Phil has been predicting the weather. Despite the fact the furry critter holds no college degree and is not a certified meteorologist, Phil's been predicting the weather with 100% accuracy! (Although some humans believe his accuracy rate is more like 39%. )
Did He or Didn’t He?
The big moment has finally arrived and it's time for the big reveal. So, what's it going to be, Phil?
At about 7:28 A.M., Eastern Time this morning, Punxsutawney Phil left his comfy confines and made his grand appearance after being summoned from his burrow and greeted by his well-dressed handlers.
“Hear ye, hear ye, hear ye..." Phil officially saw his shadow – "It's 6 more weeks of winter it must be!"
Drats - six more weeks of winter!
And speaking of Groundhog Day - be sure to check out Groundhog Day: Free Activities and Crafts for Kids.
Are you ready for some football?
- Watch the Best Super Bowl Ads of all time – Top 17 Super Bowl commercials
- Best Super Bowl 2014 Commercials
- Free Super Bowl Football Games, Activities & Printables for Kids
- Free Super Bowl party printables: Best free decorations for Super Bowl Sunday
- Super Simple Super Bowl Fudge – The best 2 ingredient fudge recipe around!
- Super Bowl Party cocktails, drinks and punch recipes for Super Bowl Sunday
- Super Bowl Party Recipes - Super Bowl sandwiches, appetizers and dips for Super Bowl Sunday
- Super Bowl Party Desserts & Sweet Treats - Recipes for cookies, bars & cupcakes