It’s Halloween season again! It is time to make the house spooky with pumpkin lanterns and trick or treats. But, are you too old for trick or treat? Instead of glowering at the kids for having too much candylicious fun, make yourself a treat with cheesecake! Unleash the creativity in you :)
Here is a crumbly cheesecake recipe for anyone: Young or old, Batman or Superman, fairies or witches. It is perfect for any Halloween parties or just dessert on its own. This cheesecake bar has some orange zest and is extra crumbly because it is added with oats. This cheesecake bar will haunt your dreams tonight!
Pumpkin cheesecake bar
Makes 24 square bars
¾ cup flour
½ cup cold butter (1 stick), diced and unsalted
¼ cup Brown sugar
¾ cup oats
¼ tsp salt
1 package cream cheese
½ can pumpkin puree
¼ cup sugar
2 tsp heavy cream
¼ tsp vanilla
¼ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp all spice
1/8 tsp nutme
½ tbsp orange zest
Whipped cream and chocolate chip
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease muffin pan.
2. Mix flour and sugar together. Add butter to the mixture and use your hands to ensure that all is well incorporated. Do not use the beater and make sure that the butter is cold because it can be sticky.
3. Stir in the oats into the mixture
4. Bake the goodies for 15 minutes. After brown edges are formed, allow it to cool.
5. In the meantime, beat cream cheese, sugar and pumpkin puree until smooth. Then mix in vanilla, heavy cream, egg, orange zest and spices
6. Pour the cheesecake batter over the cooled bar.
7. Bake for another 20-25 minutes until it is firm.
8. Allow the cheesecake bar to cool. Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours before consumption.
9. Cut them up into squares and decorate a ghost on it!
Eat your Halloween with this cute treat!