October is filled with all sorts of fun and delicious holidays. From National Apple Betty Day, World Pasta Day and National Caramel Apple Day to National Chocolate Day and American Beer Day, October is probably best known for a very special "howliday."
Pumpkin Bread Day
Just in time for Halloween, Oct. 30 is Pumpkin Bread Day. While little ghosts, ghouls and goblins across the nation are getting into the Halloween "spirit" by carving all sorts of spooky designs into pumpkins of all shapes and sizes, how does a slice of homemade pumpkin bread sound right about now? Whether you prefer yours loaded with nuts, chocolate chips or raisins, pumpkin bread is a moist quick bread that is perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack.
In honor of Pumpkin Bread Day, why not whip up one or two of the delicious recipes listed below? Chances are pretty good even the finickiest mummy won't be able to resist the smell of fresh baked bread coming from your kitchen.
Killer Pumpkin Bread Recipes
- Pumpkin & Cheese Spice Bread - This gourmet recipe, from Faith at An Edible Mosaic, looks delish! You'll need eggs, pumpkin puree, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder and soda, spices, all-purpose flour and cream cheese.
- Pumpkin Bread - This popular, 5-star recipe, from Alton Brown, calls for all-purpose flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, baking soda and powder, fresh shredded pumpkin and pumpkin seeds.
- Pumpkin Beer Bread - This simple-to-make recipe, from Gimme Some Oven, looks moist enough to melt-in-your-mouth! You'll need flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, honey, pumpkin puree and a bottle of beer!
- LIBBY'S Pumpkin Cranberry Bread - This top-rated recipe calls for eggs, a can of pumpkin, eggs, sugar, orange juice, pumpkin pie spice and dried, fresh or frozen cranberries.
- Ginger Pumpkin Bread - Martha Stewart shares this recipe that includes pumpkin puree, all-purpose flour, baking powder, light brown and granulated sugar, eggs and ground ginger.
- Pumpkin Bread - This recipe, from the Brown Eyed Baker, includes canned pumpkin and pecans or walnuts.
- Slow Cooker Pumpkin Bread - This recipe calls for chocolate chips, canned pumpkin, eggs, sugar, flour, spices and cream cheese. Don't forget the slow cooker!
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread - This recipe is a contest winner!
- Chocolate Swirled Pumpkin Bread - This super-simple bread includes buttermilk, pumpkin puree, cocoa powder, dark chocolate, brown sugar, coarse sugar, eggs, vanilla, all-purpose flour, pumpkin spice and baking soda.
- Pumpkin Bread in a Jar - Fair warning - these sweet treats from Mommy Hates Cooking look amazing! This recipe calls for apple butter, brown and granulated sugar, flour, eggs, pumpkin, Cool Whip Cream Cheese Frosting, spices and 12 - 24 half-pint jars.
- Stonegable Pumpkin Bread in a Jar - Here's another amazing pumpkin bread in a jar recipe. This one includes a crumb topping. Mmmm...
And speaking of sweet treats to eat - Oct. 30 is also National Candy Corn Day! Enjoy!
- Free Pumpkin Carving Patterns & Stencils for a Spookacular Halloween
- Hottest Halloween costumes: Dress like a celebrity for a twerkin' trick-or-treat time
- Top 10 ‘Howl-ween’ Pet Safety Tips: Keep Fido and Fluffy Safe on Halloween
- 35 Orange & Black Halloween Recipes – Spooky dishes, desserts, treats & cocktails
- Halloween cakes and cupcakes: 20 creepy cupcakes & “spooktacular” cakes
- 20 Halloween cocktails: Defrightful drinks, creepy cocktails and spooky shots
- Halloween Trick-or-Treat Safety Tips: Keep little ghosts and goblins safe on Halloween