Pump up with Lou Ferrigno, the Original Hulk this summer on the beach.
This summer fitness series won’t turn you green like the Hulk, but it will overhaul your mind and body from head to toe. Lou Ferrigno, the iconic actor and body builder, along with his daughter and business partner Shanna are introducing Hey There Muscles, a free six-week wellness program on the Santa Monica Pier beginning Saturday, July 12th.
The father-daughter Ferrigno team work side by side in their joint venture FerrignoFIT, and have designed this unique fitness program on the Pier for summertime. Taught by the Ferrigno family and their team of dietitians and workout gurus, Hey There Muscles is a comprehensive workout helping individuals achieve their personal health and fitness goals in both mind and body.
Participants will work weekly to create lean muscle and incorporate healthy eating habits – “a 360-health experience from mind to muscle.”
Class Schedule from July 12 to August 16
- July 12: Start with Determination taught by Lou Ferrigno and NASM certified personal trainer and Yogaworks yogi, Mike Dunlavy
- July 19: Habits for Longevity led by Carla Ferrigno (Lou's wife and author), and Equinox instructors, the Double Time Twins
- July 26: Stop Self Sabotage presented by FerrignoFIT CEO, Shanna Ferrigno and Nike Master Trainer, Joselynne Boschen
- August 2: Importance of Food with Hilary Perez and Chris Minnes
- August 9: Exercise by Body Type with Kim Ward and Karen Jashinsky
- August 16: Building Your Fitness Family presented by the whole Ferrigno family
Hey There Muscles also includes interval bodyweight exercises, including stretching, resistance training, weights and kickboxing.