Every kitchen smells inviting whenever bacon is cooking. It doesn’t matter if you fry it or bake it the whole house is consumed with its wonderful aroma. We all know that everything tastes better with bacon and now it is time to take the bacon and make it taste even better. By adding some spices it brings on a whole new meaning to flavored bacon and with a little twist the look, feel and crunch will be another new experience to behold.
- ¼ up of packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- 12 strips of bacon
- Combine the brown sugar, ground mustard, cinnamon, nutmeg and cayenne pepper together in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Place the strips of bacon across a cookie sheet.
- Preheat the oven to 350’.
- Sprinkle a little of the spice mixture over the top of the bacon and rub it in.
- Then flip the bacon slices and rub a little more of the spice mixture on the other side.
- Take the strips of bacon one at a time and twist them to form a spun rod and place it back on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until crisp and firm to the touch.
- Remove the twisted and spiced bacon sticks and place them on paper towels to drain.
- Once the excess drippings soak into the paper towels transfer the bacon to a platter and serve.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved