Sony Worldwide online producer Daniel Brooke listed the details of the PS4 exclusive on the PS Blog, in which he said Knack “harkens back back to the golden days of Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon.”
Designed by Mark Cerny, who also created Spyro and Crash Bandicoot, Knack follows the protagonist of the same name, “mankind’s secret weapon against the goblin threat,” along with a gang of other heroes as they try to find their enemy’s hideout to discover how they got their hands on advanced tanks and airships.
Though gamers will always play as Knack, several key characters will factor strongly into the story, Brooke said, including:
- Lucas –– Knack’s best friend, a “very level-headed” young boy
- The Doctor –– Knack’s creator and father figure to Lucas
- Ryder –– Lucas’ brave, adventurer Uncle
- Viktor –– A billionaire who earned his fortune mining ancient relics to provide power for “electricity, machinery, vehicles and more.” He also brings his robots along for the adventure.
- Katrina –– Viktor’s tough, composed head of security
Knack is made from the ancient relics, and as he absorbs more he becomes bigger and stronger.
Click on the link above to get more juicy details about Knack, which launches alongside the PS4 on Nov. 15 in North America, Nov. 29 in Europe and in February in Japan.