Yes, you can protect your home without a gun. Having been in the security industry for many years, I have instructed homeowners on proven ways to protect their home without using a firearm. Here are proven ways to protect your home without a gun.
This stuff works. Just getting the mist in your face from it being carried upwind will make you cough and your eyes burn. Imagine what this chemical will do when sprayed directly into the face of a home intruder.
- Have a house sitter stay at your place while you’re on vacation.
- Arrange to have trusted people drop by occasionally as well.
- Use a monitoring firm that will send help if an intruder trips an alarm.
- If possible install flood lights, particularly near secluded portals.
- Employ a motion sensor that flips the lights on.
- Plant thorn-bearing brush under windows and other areas where a burglar might creep around.
Get a Dog
- Not only will the homeowner be awakened by even a tiny dog’s frantic barking when it hears/smells a stranger on the premises, but it will get the attention of neighbors. Many a burglar will flee when little Princess begins yipping like mad, let alone Duke.
- If the dog alarm goes off, call 9-1-1.
- Grab the baseball bat or golf club (that you have at your bedside) to prepare for possible defense.
- Don’t get ahead of yourself with swords or weaponry you’re not trained to use, or that look effective but can’t be swung in limited space.
- Arm your perimeter with a complete surveillance system.
- Security cameras, when detecting motion, can emit a siren or lighting that can alert the homeowner via a smartphone.
- Use apps that allow you to view your home from your mobile device.
- Install cameras inside your house as well.
Home security system
- A home alarm screams when you can’t.
- Home security systems call the police when you aren’t able.
- Home security alarms deter intruders who fear they might get caught.
If guns make you feel unnerved, you just learned how you can protect your home without a gun.