As we enter 2013, make it your New Year’s resolution for healthy skin. Skin is affected by the harsh temperatures of winter as well as what you eat and the products you use on your skin. To keep your skin looking fresh when the temperature drops, consider the following five tips.
1. Start the day with a gentle cleanser. Exposure to cold weather and high winds can throw off skin’s moisture balance, resulting in chapped skin. To restore a healthy glow and get skin off to the right start, choose a soap-free moisturizer that won’t dry skin further such as Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash. This facial wash leaves your skin thoroughly cleansed and nourished, plus it's a perfect blend of the purest possible skin loving ingredients with added vitamins.
2. Get physical. While exercising more might already be one of your resolutions this year, here’s another reason to get motivated: physical activity can help boost mood and skin health, too. By increasing blood flow in the body, skin cells stay nourished and vital and toxins can be flushed out of the body. Whether it’s walking, skiing, cycling or dancing, physical activity yields major rewards.
3. Rest tired eyes. Between traveling, marathon shopping sprees and staying out late, it can be a challenge to fit sleep in too. But sleep is essential for healthy skin as well as maintaining overall wellbeing. If you can't get in a full eight hours of sleep every night, try finding at least 15 minutes each day to relax. Give your body and mind time to rest and it will most definitely thank you.
4. Moisturize and protect. Sensitive skin is especially prone to irritation during the winter so it’s important to choose a moisturizer that is long-lasting and packed with added vitamins. Simple is complete range of facial skincare products perfect for even sensitive skin and is free of harsh irritants, dyes and artificial perfumes. Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer is a great option because it will help give you all-day moisturization and replenished, nourished skin.
5. Indulge in the good things. While chocolates and comfort foods can be enjoyed in moderation, there are certain foods that can actually contribute to naturally healthy looking skin. One of skin's biggest allies is water. Try to drink around eight glasses of water each day to hydrate your skin and create an even, healthy-looking complexion. To create a natural glow, incorporate foods rich in Vitamin C and E, such as bell peppers, citrus fruits, asparagus and spinach, into your diet.