This Examiner had the opportunity to interview three mompreneurs. These are women who are committed to wellness for women. Their mission is to help women (and men) be the healthiest and most fit they can be.
Parts 1 and 2 can be found at the links below:
The third mompreneur is Rachel Katz-Galatt, Co-Founder of Maternal Science and the healthy mama® brand.
• Why did you decide to create your brand?
Because there is no complete brand of products for pregnant and nursing women. I wanted to create convenience and peace of mind so other women didn’t have to experience the confusion and frustration that I experienced during my first pregnancy.
• How do you hope the brand will positively impact the lives of other moms? It will help and her partner feel empowered when shopping for products to alleviate her ailments during pregnancy and nursing- she’s already not feeling well and is very uncomfortable. This will make her and her doctors lives a bit easier and more convenient.
• Have you found any challenges in your work life or home life during your time as founder at your brand?
Yes. I would love to spend more time with my kids- they are still very young, 2 and 3 and so it is important that I am part of creating their value systems. Healthy mama is like my third child- it too needs to be nurtured in order to grow up healthy and strong. It’s finding the right balance to make everything work.
• What is your number one tip for other moms who are looking to start their own brand? Ensure that you have a good support system- there are going to be times that you need to ask for help- you can’t do everything alone.
• What is the best part about being a ‘mompreneur’?
I feel so good about showing my children that you can do it. You can be a mom, be there for your kids but also have a successful company. You just need passion, determination and you can make your dreams come true!