UTC Aerospace Systems is one of the world's largest suppliers of technologically advanced aerospace and defense products. They design, manufacture and service systems and components and provide integrated solutions for commercial, regional, business and military aircraft helicopters and other platforms. They also are a major supplier to international space programs.
In the role of Producibility Engineer - Machining the candidate will be responsible for providing Technical oversight of the Processing and CNC Programming of Aluminum and Magnesium Housings machined from castings. Other responsibilities include providing technical support for machining and assembly processes at various Hamilton Sundstrand sites as well as working with Design Engineering to ensure manufacturable designs are developed through design concept and drawing reviews.
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Manufacturing or Industrial) or related discipline.
5+ years minimum experience in Operations/Engineering (Mechanical/Electronics) or related area with 2+ years experience in Casting or Machining of moderate to complex Aluminum or Magnesium parts.
- Good communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Process adherence (standard work).
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Results oriented and deliver on customer commitments.
Other Desirable Experience:
- Project Management.
- Design/Project Engineering.
- Should Cost Modeling, factory CRP planning or factory simulation.
- Operations, Finance, or Procurements background.
- Leadership ability for DFMA, Lean, Kalzen events or willingness. to develop these skills.
Due to ITAR controlled work, candidate must be a US citizen or a permanent resident.
This position may be located in Rockford, Windsor Locks or other UTAR site.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
UTC Hamilton Sundstrand Corp. - Human Resources, 4747 Harrison Avenue, Rockford, IL 61108 (815) 226 - 6000