The Pro Football Hall of Fame, located at 2121 George Halas Dr. NW in Canton, Ohio, will induct its 2014 class into the Hall of Fame – including Buffalo Bill Andre Reed – during the Enshrinement Festival, Thursday through Sunday, July 31st through August 3rd. Here are a few of the events scheduled for the weekend.
Thursday, July 31st –
· First Play 2014 – free event at 10 a.m., featuring nearly 1,500 youngsters passing a football across a three-mile route from downtown Canton to the Hall of Fame.
Friday, August 1st –
· Fashion Show Luncheon – lunch and fashion show at the Memorial Civic Center and Cultural Center at 11:30 a.m. (tickets needed).
· Enshrinees’ Gold Jacket Dinner – the 2014 class receives their Hall of Fame jackets beginning at 5:15 p.m. at the Memorial Civic Center and Cultural Center (tickets needed).
· Friday Night Reception – watch a live feed from the Gold Jacket Dinner beginning at 6 p.m. at the Hall of Fame (tickets needed).
Saturday, August 2nd –
· Timken Steel Grand Parade – begins at 8 a.m. in downtown Canton, featuring the 2014 Enshrinees and returning Hall of Fame members (tickets needed).
· Returning Hall of Famers autograph sessions – from noon to 4:45 p.m. at the Pro Football Hall of Fame (prices vary per Hall of Famer).
· Enshrinement Celebration Fan Party – from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Hall of Fame, tailgate with all-inclusive food and beverage prior to the Enshrinement Ceremony (tickets needed).
· Class of 2014 Enshrinement Ceremony – 7 p.m. at Fawcett Stadium (tickets needed).
Sunday, August 3rd -
· Enshrinees’ Game Day Round Table – 12:30 p.m. at the Memorial Civic Center and Cultural Center (tickets needed).
· Class of 2014 autograph session – 3 to 4:30 p.m. at the Pro Football Hall of Fame Event Center (tickets needed).
· Legends Club VIP Tailgate Party – 5 to 7 p.m. at the Hall of Fame Legends Club, featuring four Hall of Famers and a special spread of foods, desserts, soft drinks and a full bar (tickets needed).
· Fan Appreciation Tailgate Party – 5 to 7 p.m. at the Hall of Fame featuring tailgating food, Pepsi products and beer (tickets needed).
· NFL Hall of Fame Game – at 8 p.m. at Fawcett Stadium, kick off the pre-season with our Buffalo Bills facing the New York Giants (tickets needed).
Find out more about the upcoming inductions at www.profootballhof.com.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
Follow Paula on:
· Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
· Twitter - @paulat14
· Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
· Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org