Prison wrenchin' with Billy Lane

bil.jpg

Photo: FloridaToday.com

Related Articles

• Billy Lane sentenced to prison for deadly crash

• Billy Lane serves time at prison motor pool

That's right America, coming this fall on Fox, the new reality show "Prison wrenchin' with Billy Lane."  The above is purely satire, but now that it's in print, someone will jump on the proverbial wagon.

If you remember some months ago, we were jawing about Billy and his penchant for screwing up his life.  It seems Billy is doing well after 4 months and is using his talents in prison to help the state of Florida as well as other inmates by working and teaching while assigned to the motor pool at Avon Park Work Camp.

If you remember, Billy was sentenced in August for driving under the influence in a crash that killed 56-year-old Sebastian Inlet Park ranger Gerald Morelock.

"It looks like he's using his skills to help the state of Florida," said corrections spokeswoman Jo Ellyn Rackleff.

Billy's also been able to resolve his other legal issues, including settling the civil suit filed by Erin Derrick, the female passenger in the truck that Billy was driving that night.

Greg Eisenmenger, who was Billy's attorney in the case was discussing a motion for a reduced sentence, with a claim that the Morlock family thought Lane could do more good using his celebrity status out of prison, but a judge denied the motion.  So for now Billy's just going to have play it cool and keep on wrenchin'.

Drop me a note: phedup@gmail.com or follow me on FaceBook, Twitter or MySpace.

Comments

• Chris Brotherton 4 years ago

Billy, Billy, Billy. I hope that he has learned a lesson from all this. Maybe he will still get a chance to make the cool bikes he was making before, just without the drinking and driving.

• Patty Davis 4 years ago

Hope he gets his life together and learns some lessons.

• Ken 4 years ago

Hey, it looks like Eric is back for real. Good to see you again.

• Mary Baker 4 years ago

...at least he's putting his talents to good use.

• Randy 4 years ago

Articles of this type are a reminder that good people do mess up and must pay the price for doing so. Also, it looks like he’s helping others learn a trade and maybe someday we’ll see Billy and his bike building talents again...

• Janeen 4 years ago

EVERYONE makes mistakes! I'm sure Billy has learned a lesson or two in all this. Glad to see he's staying positive. The man has a heart of gold, I'm sure he suffers enough on his own. I'll ALWAYS be a Billy Lane fan!!!

• Eric S. 4 years ago

-I'm glad he's seems to be OK--he's ALWAYS been a stand-up guy & I wish him the best. Six years doesn't seem like a long time, unless YOU are serving the time...I hope he stays strong & makes it thru--cause he'll be building bikes 'on the outside' soon enough.

• Jake 4 years ago

Billy Lane made a horrible mistake. But he accepted all consequences like a man. He is a true legend in the bike building world, and I'm sure he'll be doing it again when he gets out. I'm glad to see that he is staying positive using his talent to help other people. I'll always be a Billy Lane fan.

You're kidding me right? Accepted all consequences like a man? Dragging the court case out for years....just like the sissy he was. Legend in the bike world? Yea as a laughable hack.

• Stacy M 4 years ago

Talk about a sissy - you're the one who doesn't have the balls to even post your name. If you knew anything about the law, you would know all cases get dragged out for years if you have a good, thorough attorney.

• sleazyrider 4 years ago

Billy, don't pick up the soap.

mi dispiace per billy e un valido meccanico

• Jason 3 years ago

I have always been a fan of the talent that Billy Lane has shown, even before he was on TV. Everyone will screw-up pretty big in their life at one time or another. However hypocrisy is a dish that we all love to serve. The justice system has assigned Billy his punishment, and when his punishment is served in the eyes of the law, he is no different than those of us who have driven drunk, and just havent been caught yet. I hope he is able to rebuild his career and his business having learned the very difficult lessons he has. He is a very talented craftman/builder.

• bruce14@yahoo.com 3 years ago

does anyone know how i can get some pics of billy lane iam a BIG fan thanks he needs 2 b free to ride not to b in a[ cage]

billy hows that black cock taste in their? did your brother give u any pointers? HA