After reading the anti-bullying tale called ‘Sarah and Jennifer end their friendship’, students will respond to six Bloom’s Taxonomy questions.
The teacher can use the questions as listed on the Examiner.com link called “Writing assignment: Sarah and Jennifer end their friendship.”
Alternatively, the teacher can print off the downloadable free worksheet called “Let’s write about the anti-bullying tale called ‘Sarah and Jennifer end their friendship’.”
What’s the story about?
Story Description: While Jennifer was out sick, Sarah hears rumors that Jennifer had been saying bad things about her. When Jennifer returns to school, Sarah verbally attacks her. Can their friendship be saved?
This story demonstrates the importance of checking your facts. It also demonstrates the importance of finding a balance between the Character Education traits of Valuing& Respecting Self and Valuing & Respecting Others.
Other lesson plan links for this story
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Story
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play
- Section 7: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: Sarah and Jennifer end their friendship
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘Sarah and Jennifer end their friendship’ (See above article and downloadable worksheet.)
Just for fun: Watch the video called “Is Your Kid a Cyberbully?”
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org