After reading the anti-bullying tale called ‘Jackie learns how to be a true friend’, students will respond to six Bloom’s Taxonomy questions.
The teacher can use the questions as listed on the Examiner.com link called “Writing assignment: Jackie learns how to be a true friend.”
Alternatively, the teacher can print off the downloadable free worksheet called “Let’s write about the anti-bullying tale called ‘Jackie learns how to be a true friend’.”
What’s the story about?
Story Description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about the character education traits of being caring and giving. This story also demonstrates the importance of showing respect for others. Finally, it teaches some ways of how to be a good friend.
Perhaps you have heard of the many fine Jack tales compiled and edited by Richard Chase. I felt it was about time that a girl got the lead role in one of those stories. So here are the adventures of Jackie - a cousin of that goofy-guy named Jack. The original title of this story was called “A Jackie tale.” For the purposes of this lesson plan, I've changed the title to “Jackie learns how to be a true friend.”
Please Note: The story upon which the role-play is based will not be featured on Examiner.com as it is part of Debbie Dunn’s book called White Reindeer, Kudzu Monster, & Other Tales Of Wonder written under her pen name of DJ Lyons.
- For more information about this book, please visit the White Reindeer book table of contents.
Other lesson plan links for this story
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Role-Play
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 7: Writing assignment
- Section 8: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: Jackie learns how to be a true friend
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘Jackie learns how to be a true friend’ (See above article and downloadable worksheet.)
Just for fun, watch this video that loosely ties in with this article called ‘Your quick and easy guide to meeting royalty’.
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: email@example.com