After reading the anti-bullying tale called ‘Dennis learns about Responsible Reporting versus tattling’, students will respond to five main idea discussion questions.
The teacher can use the questions as listed on the Examiner.com link called “Writing assignment: Dennis learns about Responsible Reporting versus tattling.”
Alternatively, the teacher can print off the downloadable free worksheet called “Let’s write about the anti-bullying tale called ‘Dennis learns about Responsible Reporting versus tattling’.”
- Click link: Printable worksheet: Let’s write about ‘Dennis learns about Responsible Reporting versus tattling’
What’s the story about?
Story Description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about the need for using good communication skills in the classroom. This story called “Dennis learns about Responsible Reporting versus tattling” illustrates the importance of following class rules, being respectful to the teacher and your fellow classmates, maintaining your classroom as a safe zone from put-downs, and learning the difference between responsible reporting versus tattling or snitching.
Note for Teacher: For an explanation of how to implement the techniques taught in this story and follow-up role-play, here are the articles that explain the process:
Posters & Behavior Chart to print for classroom use
* ‘I Message’ Sentence Starters Display Poster (Make certain this poster is on display during this story.)
Additional note to Teacher: This is a great story to use at the beginning of your class year. However, this is also a great story to use later in the year if you see that the students need to learn positive alternatives to tattling and snitching and how to re-create your classroom as a safe zone from put-downs.
Other lesson plan links for this story
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- Section 2: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Teaching Notes
- Section 4: Story
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play
- Section 7: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: Dennis learns about Responsible Reporting versus tattling
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘Dennis learns about Responsible Reporting versus tattling’ (See above article and downloadable worksheet.)
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org