After reading the anti-bullying tale called ‘The Feeling’, students will respond to six Bloom’s Taxonomy questions.
The teacher can use the questions as listed on the Examiner.com link called “Writing assignment: The Feeling.”
- Click link: Writing assignment: The Feeling
Alternatively, the teacher can print off the downloadable free worksheet called “Let’s write about the anti-bullying tale called ‘The Feeling’.”
What’s the story about?
Story Description: Here is a story scenario you can use to help teach about the importance of the Character Education traits of Self Control, Valuing & Respecting Self, Valuing & Respecting Others, and Tolerance & Allowing. In the set of follow-up discussion questions, your students will also learn key features of Joseph Campbell’s hero’s journey process.
This is the sixth story of seven about a boy named Jack. Please note that this is a continuation of the story about the Jack you read about in the stories called ‘The Ball’, ‘The Dance’, and ‘The Heart’.
Now that Jack was in the seventh grade, he began to feel confused about whether he wished to remain on the track and basketball teams. He even began to feel curious about those kids who took either pot or pills. Did he want to become one of them? Read the role-play to discover what choice Jack ended up making.
Please note: As a clinical social worker, Mr. Terry Gardner kindly created these stories for Debbie Dunn’s Communication Skills class at CMS back in 2001.This Terry Gardner Jack Tale is shared in his memory and with permission of his widow, Lin Gardner.
Other lesson plan links for this story
- Section 1: Lesson Objectives
- 2A. Section 2A: K-W-L MODEL discussion part 1 (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- 2B. Section 2B: K-W-L MODEL discussion part 2 (‘K’ and ‘W’ questions)
- Section 3: Vocabulary
- Section 4: Story
- Section 5: Popcorn Review
- Section 6: Role-Play
- Section 7: Bloom’s Taxonomy discussion questions
- Section 8: Writing assignment
- Section 9: K-W-L MODEL discussion (‘L’ questions)
- Bonus: Role-play slideshow: The Feeling
- Bonus: Printable anti-bullying worksheet: Write about ‘The Feeling’ (See above article and downloadable worksheet.)
Follow on: | Twitter |
For comments or questions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org